Tanned face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on helping a spray tan fade less quickly on the face (other than not washing :o) )? I just find that the first and second days it looks great and then it quickly fades whilst the rest of the body remains a lovely colour for atleast 7 days.

Does anyone have any tips on helping a spray tan fade less quickly on the face (other than not washing :o) )? I just find that the first and second days it looks great and then it quickly fades whilst the rest of the body remains a lovely colour for atleast 7 days.

The trouble with the face(like hands) it gets battered by the elements which does tend to strip a tan more quickly than areas that are less exposed.

The best thing to do is after having a spray tan is to use a daily moisturiser fortified with DHA to these areas which may help combat the rigors of the elements and help maintain an even tan all over:hug:

Thanks Colin, I was just concerned that a moisturiser with DHA would not be as effective as the professional brands we use. I will just have to see how my skin reacts - keeping it 'brown' and effectively protected/nourished etc. etc. will be fun!

If I want to keep my face 'tanned up' with the rest of my body, I usually just follow my normal skincare routine at night...inc moisturising, and then just give a quick spritz of my favourite tan-in-a-can product last thing before bed. Morning I shower as normal and the colour stays fresh!

The moisturiser stops it taking too dark and it just gives it a tiny top up daily! x x x

Thanks Colin, I was just concerned that a moisturiser with DHA would not be as effective as the professional brands we use. I will just have to see how my skin reacts - keeping it 'brown' and effectively protected/nourished etc. etc. will be fun!
im guessing that the tan on your face doesn't disappear completely so by using a professional DHA fortified moisturiser (not the cheap ones you get in the supermarkets) you may find that the rate of tan build up would match the tan deterioration of the spray tan.

Good luck :hug:

im guessing that the tan on your face doesn't disappear completely so by using a professional DHA fortified moisturiser (not the cheap ones you get in the supermarkets) you may find that the rate of tan build up would match the tan deterioration of the spray tan.

Good luck :hug:

Collin, I'm guessing what Fairchild meant, and would be my concern, is that the professional DHA moisturisers don't appear to be facial quality moisturisers....more designed for the body. As you've probably picked up around the boards, we recommend a different grade and formulation of moisturiser for the face than the body.

Unless a moisturiser was specifically formulated for the face, I personally would be hesitiant to use it there. I have done in the past and have not been hapy with the reaction of my skin.

Can you you shed any light on any that are facial quality? Any of yours?

Spot on Lyndsay - that was exactly my concern. Trying to look after your skin - cleansing, toning, moisturising, serums, spf, exfoliating - and then expecting a tan to last! We want it all :o)

I will try your tip. Thank you.

Collin, I'm guessing what Fairchild meant, and would be my concern, is that the professional DHA moisturisers don't appear to be facial quality moisturisers....more designed for the body. As you've probably picked up around the boards, we recommend a different grade and formulation of moisturiser for the face than the body.

Unless a moisturiser was specifically formulated for the face, I personally would be hesitiant to use it there. I have done in the past and have not been hapy with the reaction of my skin.

Can you you shed any light on any that are facial quality? Any of yours?

You are indeed right that the vast majority of professional DHA moisturisers are for general body use however many who use it also apply it to the facial area without any problems.

There must be brands that do a specific facial cream fortified with DHA however none spring to mind.

If this route is one that through personal choice you wish to avoid you could always try the EOS pump spray tanning mist...Britta uses this on a daily basis to her face with just a light misting and through doing so she maintains an ongoing tan to this area.

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back