Tanning brands - Using two?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Ive been doing some thinking .. so rather than stewing over it thought id ask you guys. Ok Firstly I began using a tanning brand about 2 years ago, lovely tan, but the fade was awful on quite a lot of my clients, including myself. After a year I switched to Xen Tan, which does a perfect job and ive never had one single complaint, my fair skinned clients come out sun kissed and my olive skinned clients come out golden! Im aware this is only available in one shade whereas other companies offer several percentages. But then there are also st tropez, fake bake etc with one shade. So for other clients who maybe want me to offer them different percentages, do you think id be confusing them by having two different brands available?

Im just having a think and I think I may be confusing myself. Just wanting to offer the best for my clients. :hug:

Last edited:
Hi Nikki,
there are many salon's out there that offer alternative liquids to their customers so why not give it a go...ring around and get samples to find the one that suits you and the many customer skin types you have
Good luck :hug:

Fake Bake now have 3 shades - Original, Darker & Fair
I love it !!!!!!!!!

Thankyou collin. I did send you a pm.

Fake Bake now have 3 shades - Original, Darker & Fair
I love it !!!!!!!!!

Ah I didnt know this! The times have changed since I used fake bake. Lovely stuff used to use it myself. What are the new shades like angela? x

Hi nicky. I too am a massive fan of xen-tan i was weary at first with it only being one shade but my clients fair and olive all love it. i do however offer urban tan sunspray and celebraty for my brides or very very fair clients who just want a hint of colour. xen tan gives you a perfect tan but its abit more than just a glow and some people esp brides only want that.

We use different makes in my salon. Most of our clients don't ask what make we use, they are more concerned with the colour results. So we recommend the right shade for them and off they go happy!

Latest posts

Back