Tanning + me = stress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejboyle

Reaction score
I've done a number of tans using sienna x and had no problems clients have done the prep work etc. This time I've been doing my mams best friends daughter and her friend tan for their prom.

We did tester tans last week one did everything tan was fine the other hadn't shaved so we couldn't do a full body. This time one did everything the other had deodorant on but I only realised after starting tanning when I saw the green under her arm pits. I know it does wash off with the guide but I'm stressing. (I'm a very stressy person naturally) as now I'm think it's not going to wash off. The proms on Wednesday [emoji16] please but my mind at ease.

Xx

I use sienna too and trust me it does wash off! The only issue I'm still struggling with is around the armpits tend to turn a lot darker.. I've now started to dry the armpits soon as I spray near them but still not the way I would like it to turn out.. I stress the small stuff too so don't worry! I've never had green armpits that didn't wash off so I'm sure they'll be fine :)

You'll find the best way to tan armpits are to do a Y around the armpit and down the side of body so the armpits will catch over spray and your not actually spraying the armpit itself as they go far too dark

Picture in your mind what parts of the body will naturally tan in the sun and what parts won't. Underarms, palms and soles of the feet don't naturally tan. Inner forearm and under the chin won't tan as much. This is what you want to recreate when spraying, so avoid the underarm and go lighter on the other areas I mentioned.

It's also a good idea to have a mental check list to run through with the client immediately before application. Did they exfoliate? Have they got deodorant or perfume on? Did they apply moisturiser? Ask these questions then you won't get any sudden surprises :)

Green indicates it reacting to either body sweat or deodorant. It will wash away with the bronzer layer.
If you want to prevent this happening use a prep spray immediately before the tan - though as others have said the resulting tan won't be affected :)

Thanks for all the great advise and tips. Her colour turned out lovely [emoji4] xx

Try Laurens way i swear by it

i put a little bit of barrier cream around the armpit area

Latest posts

Back