Tanning party - how to's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiaC

Reaction score
Hi Guys! New to the Salon geek community so sorry if this has been discussed before!

Im a mobile Tan tech recently relocated to Sydney aus & Im looking to build clientelle by hosting a Tanning Party. Ive never had one before, and obviously not going to happen in the middle of winter but im thinking at the beginning of spring before wedding season peaks and we come into summer.

Any tips/tricks/advice on the layout of the night? Im concerned about 1. Tanning and then walking around with a fresh tan? Where will everyone sit? Theyll need to wear certain clothes or even a bikini, and then with drinks involved theres potential for spillage and messing up the tan? So in that case do we do the tan at the end of the night? Then spend the night networking and playing fun games until its time to spray?

Any and all advice/criticism/tips/tricks/etc welcome!

Thanks in advance xx

Ok ehmmmm a spray tan party is where a group of girls get together and have a few drinks and food you just spray tan and then leave.

Perfect! Right so, thats a great idea for my clients to host, im wondering if I were to host the party as the Tanning Tech, any advice on how to go about it? what i need is a timeline breakdown really :)

If you were to host the party, then you'd have to organise the food, drinks etc. What I would do is advertise yourself as a therapist for spray tan parties, but you're not the one to arrange it all. Then a client who is interested can book it in with you and they become the 'host'...they will organise everything and all you'll have to do is show up, spray, and leave them to it. A lot of people offer the 'hosts' spray tan to be free, so it's a good way of drawing people in to get your name out there.

If you're doing a lot of these, I would get yourself organised with a decent extractor fan which is great when you're doing a lot of tans one after the other. You can buy disposable gowns which are good for clients and tan parties as it protects their tan whilst not smudging it. Before the night, give them all the correct prep details and tell them what they should wear. Take plenty of towels and wet wipes.

Usually during parties, you spray one after the other and then leave them to eat the food and drinks or whatever they're doing. I've never heard of a tanning party where you play games! Also, remember to take plenty of leaflets and other marketing materials.

I did one myself for about 5 girls who are part of a dance studio. In my salon which I have tiled floors and a separate bathroom area I do the tans in.
So they all basically drink few glasses of wine and take selfies of each other with disposable mop caps and underwear and when they dry they usually just out their bath robes on and go home. The whole thing usually is hour to maybe hour and a half with drinking wine and chatting . Then again I do a a lot of tans and I am very fast , if you slower it will take longer.

I just provide one bottle of red and one bottle of white wine and packet of chips and dips things and that's all.

Unless your clients are all friends remember they won't feel very comfortable to walk around butt barring to each other , unless like my girls are all dancers so they looks gorgeous anyways and so they don't mind.
My bridal parties are usually more reserved and shy about their bodies so you need to just play it by ear and see what best suits your clients.

I offer a considerable discount for 5 or more girls coming at once.
This encourages them to come to me year round for their shows spraytans and then their personal events, so works out quite well for me to offer a 25% discount .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back