Tanning regularly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe P

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If I have a client who wants to be sprayed say weekly uses a tan extender/retail self tanner in between so still in effect has a tan, I am presuming they still need to get rid of all tan before I tan them again?! Basically, I have someone who wants to look continually tanned, so if I told her to exfoliate every 3 days, do you think it would come out even if she still has some tan?

TIA. x

Hi Zoe P,
After a week it will have faded to a point where a fresh tan will cover it. It is still very important to exfoliate away the dead skin cells prior to tanning though.
Don't you just love tan addicts! £ :D

Hiya

With my personal experience of using gradual tanner/lotion ON TOP of spray tan is not good
2 layers of tan is a NIGHTMARE to scrub off! I also end up with bits of tan all over the place and takes 2 days to get all off. Tan on top of tan on top of tan will just result on a hot mess, I would advise your client of this.
However it is up to them etc, why not advice a darker colour perhaps?

Hiya

With my personal experience of using gradual tanner/lotion ON TOP of spray tan is not good
2 layers of tan is a NIGHTMARE to scrub off! I also end up with bits of tan all over the place and takes 2 days to get all off. Tan on top of tan on top of tan will just result on a hot mess, I would advise your client of this.
However it is up to them etc, why not advice a darker colour perhaps?
Thanks for your reply. It's not about the colour though it's that they want a continuous tan. They don't have a problem exfoliating but want the tan to be consistent if that makes sense?x

A tan remover mitt would work better than a regular exfol mit would, at least then the day before she gets you to tan her she can remove as much as possible so the next tan lasts longer and isn't patchy.

Latest posts

Back