Tanning solution and machines used

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlylou

Reaction score
I have been out of action for a while and getting back into it now. I was using Totally tan which was great but don't seem to able to buy it now it's either out of stock or they don't sell it. It had no orange tinge. Anyway with that came the precision gun and compressor by Badger. I've still read good reviews on the gun and machine so I'm thinking of keeping?

My questions are if you use a precision gun what solution are you using or have used?

Also if you have used something like maximist as well as precision which do you prefer and why?

Spray tan solution is spray tan solution you can use it through any machine !!! Some solutions might be thicker so you just adjust your gun setting.

Precision guns i would say are more suited to body contouring, and probably takes longer to do a full body spray tan.

Personally for lots of quick full body spray tans, durability, less over spray i would go for the Maxi Mist range, tried and tested.

Regarding spray tan solution personally red based solutions are the best no orange and looks like a sunbed tan. all our organics and NKD ranges are red based and especially no nasty ingredients. You can read feedback on salon geek regarding these solutions over the years.

i would also think about getting some sort of extraction which is a must in my opinion, creates a clean air environment especially if you are doing a good number of tans. benefits the customer ans you as a technician.

Good Luck

I have used lots of different solutions (St Tropez, Fake Bake, Sienna, LDN and Vita Liberata)

I would say that Vita Liberata is the best solution I've used, there's no horrible smell, gives a radiant glow and doesn't come out orange at all.

Goes on really good, no patches. Would highly recommend - I use the machine that you buy in a package that comes with the solutions (can't remember the name of it)

I use Nouvatan with the new Aura machine. I've previously used the TS50 and Click n Tan and have tried most solutions including LA Tan, Sienna, Suntana, Morrocan Tan, Whote to Brown, Fake Bake, St Tropez, Vani T. I train for Nouvatan and although I will seem biased i really think its the best tan I've used. Natural colour, dries quickly and fades well. I like all the machines I've used and only changed to keep up with newer models. I also tried the Glam and the black square machine with digital display, can't remember the name of it. I didn't like those two machines, the seem flimsy and the guns very light weight and not a good spray.

I use Nouvatan with the new Aura machine. I've previously used the TS50 and Click n Tan and have tried most solutions including LA Tan, Sienna, Suntana, Morrocan Tan, Whote to Brown, Fake Bake, St Tropez, Vani T. I train for Nouvatan and although I will seem biased i really think its the best tan I've used. Natural colour, dries quickly and fades well. I like all the machines I've used and only changed to keep up with newer models. I also tried the Glam and the black square machine with digital display, can't remember the name of it. I didn't like those two machines, the seem flimsy and the guns very light weight and not a good spray.

Hi Cloughers,

Bit of an old post but I'd like to know what spray tan machine you're currently using? I'm looking to complete a spray tan course and be mobile and I trust your experience and opinions on products and equipment. Thanks

LA Tan have some fantastic offers on there web site and all machines come with at least a 12 month guarantee :)

Latest posts

Back