Tanning solution in fridge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcafc

Reaction score
Hi, saw a post on here a few days ago saying they kept tanning solution in the fridge. Anybody else do that? Cheers, Mick.

Hey Mick,

Yeah I keep my solutions in the fridge. Just keeps them fresh haha. Just let your clients know it might be a bit cold :)

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Cheers Ashley.

I've just done my spray tan training and they recommended I keep it in the fridge.

Yes I keep all mine in the fridge. Sienna x tell you to in training. Solutions will last longer that way. I usually fill a spare cup a couple of hours before a tan so it has time to warm up a bit otherwise it's pretty cold for the client!

I don't keep mine in the fridge but I do keep it in a cool dark place as that is the advice on storing DHA so it stays it's best for the longest.

Keeping it in the fridge would be mostly for warmer countries here in the UK it is not really needed as we don't have that much of the really warm weather that would turn our solution :rolleyes:.
I just keep mine in a freezer bag (also helps with the ease of grabbing as I'm mobile) by my back door as it is always cold but not freezing there (even on the odd hot days we do get lol).

I keep mine in the garage which is hopefully cool enough! Not sure if I would always have room in the fridge lol

I keep mine in the fridge to, keeps it from going 'off', especially as the weather here is getting warmer! x

Hahaha I think I am the one who started the cold chain chat !!
But remember I live in South Africa and the hottest province or state in South Africa so i even keep my facial active products in the fridge like serums and masks and creams.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I don't keep them in the fridge and we go through bottle like no tomorrow, I've never had a bottle go off, or go green. I've had some solution left in a cup go green, but that's all.

Jemima :)

I once sprayed my best mate and she lied about not putting deodorant on and I asked have u showered ! Yes she says! Ja well I am still rolling on floor laughing after that incident! They went bright green!!! Hahahahahah
She then says ! Oh well I might have not showered before...

Beauty at your finger tips!

DHA does not cope well and efficiency breaks down in temperatures over 25 Celcius. Keep in fridge if it's going to be warm.

Always bring refrigerated solution back to room temperature before spraying as spraying direct from fridge will result in the tan not curing as dark on the skin.

HTH

The important thing is to keep it in a cool place out of direct sunlight. If you are mobile and are carrying your solutions around in the car all day, then have a cool box in the boot and store your solutions in there. I'm never without a cool box in my car in the summer.

Nice tips, cheers.

Latest posts

Back