Tanning tent - H&S

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
Just a quickie for you tanning geeks - i've been working in a salon for 6 months and in that time i've never seen the tanning tent being cleaned - between clients or otherwise. Is this normal??

I'm a nail tech and L2 beauty therapist so a big emphasis is on sanitation in everything i do, so am curious. Cheers:green:

Not cleaned in 6 months :eek: I wipe mine out after each use with kitchen towel and if it is a tan at home I also use bit of disenfectant spray, plus I hose it down and deep clean it once a week. I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning but not being cleaned after 6 months is taking the mick.

The smell of fake tan in there must be overpowering!

But i would have thought that is the norm, that's why i'm curious about it. :)
She uses chocolate & Cherry sprays so smell isn't obvious but the spray goes everywhere - i can taste it when i'm sat at my desk, which is around the corner from the tent.

Well the tent must be saturated in overspray! I just think from a clients point of view it mustn't be nice to step into something like that. I always like my tent to be literally sparkling because it would feel nicer for the client.

I think most of the tan geeks on here give their tent a good wash down after every 10-20 sprays.

Well the tent must be saturated in overspray! I just think from a clients point of view it mustn't be nice to step into something like that. I always like my tent to be literally sparkling because it would feel nicer for the client.

I think most of the tan geeks on here give their tent a good wash down after every 10-20 sprays.

Sorry, i meant that your cleaning regime would be the norm - you think you were ocd re cleaning!:lol:

hi,

i clean my tent every other day using water and my tanning gun, cleans them both at the same time :) 6 months is a bit of a long time not to have it cleaned id say :hug:

6 months without cleaning the tent is really not good! I agree with the other geeks on here - is the rest of the salon hygienic - loos, kitchen etc?

Not a good first impression for the client.

Latest posts

Back