Tantruth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager beaver

Reaction score
I had a leaflet from beauty express today which included an offer for tantruth spray tan. I wasnt looking for a new tan (I currently do manual st tropez as a mobile therapist) but if tantruth is any good I may consider, as I assume its quicker.
if anyone has used it could you please let me know if its any good. :!:
Thanks geeks

Im new to tanning and I bought tantruth extra dark a few weeks ago. I sprayed it on over a tan that i had on for nearly a week. The tantruth was lovely when it was on, really natural looking but it wore off terrible, really patchy. I thought this was due to the old tan underneath. I was tan free for about two weeks and decided to give tantruth another go. Again after being sprayed the colour was lovely, quite dark but very natural looking. But now 4 days later its wearing off terrible, really patchy and dirty. I dont think id like to put this on a client. Ive ordered celebrity secrets and i hope it comes before tuesday as i have a client booked in for a spray tan.

HTH

you'll love celebrity secrets, its a great solution!

Hiya, I got that mailing from Beauty Express too and I did notice it because I thought, wow, how cheap is that! But I would also be concerned that 'you get what you pay for.'

If you want to start spray tanning, with minimal outlay, why not buy a budget machine (even the beauty express one maybe) but opt for a better solution?

As far as I am aware, companies such as Tantrick will supply you with their solutions even if you haven't bought the machine from them.

Just one other thing to consider though - as you currently do St Trop manual - spray tanning can be a little messy in someone else's home, i.e. the overspray ;-)

Don't rush into it! Have a good old think about it and make sure you do your research properly x

Thanks for all the advice, this wearing off thing is not sounding good! if i do offer spray tanning, i will get one of the tanning cubicles, but i may stick with manual for now. i will look at teh beauty express machine also.
Thanks everyone xxx

Sorry, dimwit here, i realise beauty express machine is the tantruth one!doh!:lol:

Thanks for all the advice, this wearing off thing is not sounding good! if i do offer spray tanning, i will get one of the tanning cubicles, but i may stick with manual for now. i will look at teh beauty express machine also.
Thanks everyone xxx

Dont let the above replies put you off manual spray tanning completely. In my opinion I think that the manual spray tans are better than cubicles as you as the therapist are in control of where the spray goes and not the client or the machine.

There are lots of very good brands out there so just do more home work.

p.s - I use Tantrick and the clients love it!

i agree with theresa, spray tanning is a great service to offer.
there are loads of fab brands out there so your bound to find the one thats best for you

xx

I have just introduced Sienna x spaytan in my salon part of the spray tan cubicle group. The product goes on really well and looks really natural all 3 of us in the salon have had different reactions due to our skin types. The training was very good and the after sales has been really good they do some very good affordable retail tanning products as well.

Thanks everyone xxx

RE: tanning cubicles- i meant one of those pop up ones that stop overspray- is this correct? are they any good? :idea:

I use the ones that look like a Tent and it saves on the cleaning up afterwards.

Sorry - we thought your mean the automatic tanning booths. The most common portable type are the HVLP machines that are used to spray by hand. The pop up tents are a great idea but dont have to be used, just makes life easier if you do. I take it you meant the manual machine type and not the hand application tans.

in beauty express there are two types of spray tan, one with the compressor, and another spray tan that says it includes a gun, solution etc, but is cheaper- would this still be a spray tan?i am sooo confused.:confused:

in beauty express there are two types of spray tan, one with the compressor, and another spray tan that says it includes a gun, solution etc, but is cheaper- would this still be a spray tan?i am sooo confused.:confused:

Do you mean the pro-sun one that beauty express are showing on the right hand side? I suppose it is a spray tan of sorts but it is powere by gas cylinders, not very professional in my opinion.

http://www.beautyexpress.co.uk/category-Tanning-SUN.htm

its on page 204, and called tantruth starter kit, above the tantruth salon pro kit. I agree with you on prosun:eek:

i've trained in hvlp and decided not to go that route i have an ambermist system and solution with a mini airbrush gun, whole body application takes approx 15 mins but have so little overspray i only need to use a dark towel on the floor, the solution is lovely has a really nice natural bronze to it, probably wouldn't be great for a big salon but is ideal for smaller treatment rooms or mobile, is also quite quiet x:)

i've trained in hvlp and decided not to go that route i have an ambermist system and solution with a mini airbrush gun, whole body application takes approx 15 mins but have so little overspray i only need to use a dark towel on the floor, the solution is lovely has a really nice natural bronze to it, probably wouldn't be great for a big salon but is ideal for smaller treatment rooms or mobile, is also quite quiet x:)

Sounds interesting - have you got a link to the ambermist system.

Looks interesting Esther

Have never used them but I beleive it is a compressor type machine, which with compressors I have used in the past have loads and loads of overspray and are a nightmare to clean up compared to hvlp machines.

Cant say how the ambermist one compares though as I have never used it.

I like the look of the ambermist system, will def do alittle more research on this one, thanks xx:)

I had a leaflet from beauty express today which included an offer for tantruth spray tan. I wasnt looking for a new tan (I currently do manual st tropez as a mobile therapist) but if tantruth is any good I may consider, as I assume its quicker.
if anyone has used it could you please let me know if its any good. :!:
Thanks geeks

fab stuff

Latest posts

Back