Tape extensions turned orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larissaz24

Reaction score
My client has recently gone on holiday and has just messaged me to say her extensions have turned orange whilst away. They are from a reputable brand so I'm shocked and I know she religiously uses the brands aftercare products. Has anyone experienced this before?

My client has recently gone on holiday and has just messaged me to say her extensions have turned orange whilst away. They are from a reputable brand so I'm shocked and I know she religiously uses the brands aftercare products. Has anyone experienced this before?
I don't think you can stop it, the hair is coloured and treated at the end of the day, even with natural hair the sun will lighten/ alter it over time x

Blondes usually tend to discolour on hols. I always recommend my clients to remove them before hols

Blondes usually tend to discolour on hols. I always recommend my clients to remove them before hols
Yep even browns lighten substantially, they just don't turn the weird orange colour because there are already warm undertones, my darkest brown went chocolate/chestnut when I went away for 2 weeks x

Try Malibu C or lemon juice to remove it x

This isn't anything to do with the Sun, it's metals in the water. A couple of Malibu C treatments will help

Thank you everyone, I thought it might be because of the process the hair may have gone through. I've passed on all your suggestions. Atleast I know now for the future xx

pure lemon juice works a treat for this, honestly tell her to keep it on half hr and rinse xx

Latest posts

Back