Tatty hair advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayM

Reaction score
I have the worlds most tatty hair. I have used all kinds of products but mainly Aveda. It seems to get really tangly when it’s even up in a bun. I’ve washed it tonight using a deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner with a treatment mask. I don’t scrub at the hair to knot it up and by time I’d finished it was knotty as hell. Took me 2 hours to comb out using a tangle teaser, a comb and a paddle brush. Used oil after as well! Someone recommended the redken one but happy for any tips or recommendations!!!

Ooh it’s bleached with all over highlights and long. I also take thyroxine for my thyroid which I feel has affected my hair! Made me hair line recede but that’s another story!!! X

I have the worlds most tatty hair. I have used all kinds of products but mainly Aveda. It seems to get really tangly when it’s even up in a bun. I’ve washed it tonight using a deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner with a treatment mask. I don’t scrub at the hair to knot it up and by time I’d finished it was knotty as hell. Took me 2 hours to comb out using a tangle teaser, a comb and a paddle brush. Used oil after as well! Someone recommended the redken one but happy for any tips or recommendations!!!

Ooh it’s bleached with all over highlights and long. I also take thyroxine for my thyroid which I feel has affected my hair! Made me hair line recede but that’s another story!!! X
Not sure if you do or not, but don't tie your hair up when it's wet, don't sleep on wet hair and if you do dry it with heat make sure you're using a heat protection spray. Do you get your haircut regularly? And have you ever heard of olaplex?

Latest posts

Back