tea tree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoilt

Reaction score
hi all. i hope some one can help ! i have been asked for a tea tree back treatment scrub type mask ! thats how she described it, she gets a few pimples and says this is the only treatment that works >>> Help:confused::hug:

Australian Body Care do a fantastic range of Tea Tree products. Might be worth taking a look :)

hi all. i hope some one can help ! i have been asked for a tea tree back treatment scrub type mask ! thats how she described it, she gets a few pimples and says this is the only treatment that works >>> Help:confused::hug:

If you are trained in aromatherapy you could try adding a couple of drops of tea tree essential oil to a body scrub and see if that works?

:hug:

If you are trained in aromatherapy you could try adding a couple of drops of tea tree essential oil to a body scrub and see if that works?

:hug:

My experience with Tea-tree oil is to be cautious when purchasing "aromatherapy' tea-tree oil.
It's frequently diluted and has colourants added and not the same as the medicinal/pure variety (which is what would be used for treatment of acne etc).

I use the 'real deal', if you will, for all sorts of purposes around the home (pimples, ear infections, throat infections, etc...), medecinal and otherwise. I mistakenly purchased the 'aromatherapy' variety once and learned my lesson fast.:eek:

My experience with Tea-tree oil is to be cautious when purchasing "aromatherapy' tea-tree oil.
It's frequently diluted and has colourants added and not the same as the medicinal/pure variety (which is what would be used for treatment of acne etc).

I use the 'real deal', if you will, for all sorts of purposes around the home (pimples, ear infections, throat infections, etc...), medecinal and otherwise. I mistakenly purchased the 'aromatherapy' variety once and learned my lesson fast.:eek:
what do you mean by "Real deal" and "aromatherapy" tea tree?
If you purchase tea tree essential oil it is 100% and has nothing added to it.

spoilt, it might be worth contacting the company suggested as I don't really know of any other tea tree ranges that would be any good.
also the essential oils will have been diluted safely for you to use.

If someone came to me for the same treatment I would use the purity range of facial products from gerards, OR
make up my own salt salt scrub with tea tree, then a massage oil with tea tree and either green clay or peat for a mask.

let me know how you get on.

Could it be a fragrance oil, is there such a thing? Have always bought 100% tea tree EO too.

spoilt, it might be worth contacting the company suggested as I don't really know of any other tea tree ranges that would be any good.
also the essential oils will have been diluted safely for you to use.

If someone came to me for the same treatment I would use the purity range of facial products from gerards, OR
make up my own salt salt scrub with tea tree, then a massage oil with tea tree and either green clay or peat for a mask.

It was just a thought :)

thank u all for your info realy helpfull, 'hippychick.. shes had the mask rub thing before and dosnt know what it actually was the beautician is on maternity where she normaly goes! hmmm i have a mud pack body thing... and a salt scrub . but that has coffee in it lol.. te tree and coffee haha . i wonder x

Australian Body Care do a fantastic range of Tea Tree products. Might be worth taking a look :)
thanx hun ile have a look see if they sound like how she described the treatment !! xx

I mean that it was labelled as 'essential' oil which to me, meant it was PURE, but it was not. I bought it at my pharmacy for personal use.
That particular product was intended for ONLY aromatherapy purposes (to smell, for diffusers and such) and not for it's medicinal purposes (which is what I use it for).
It was additionally diluted, and coloured and when I looked closer, it read not to be used on broken skin etc (can't remember specific wording) and there were other issues. I went back to the pharmacy and he told me that Aromatherapy Essential oils are not the same as those intended for homepathic purposes..

I add mine to either olive oil or jojoba oil, depending on what I'm using it for.
Salt scrub sounds like a good idea.:green:

ps: forgot to mention the time a client purchased tea-tree essential oil from the pharmacy instead of purchasing it through me, to treat her 'greenie'. What a catastrophe. It had sooo much colorant in it, that it stained her entire nail plate green. Mine has never turned anyone's nail's green and has NO colorant in it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back