Teacher Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hiya guys!

I hope you may be able to help me. Im desperately looking to get back into the beauty industry and I would love to become a trainer or educator, either for a brand or for a college. Its only beauty I would be interested in teaching but I really dont know where to start or who to contact asking for help. Please try and speak in blonde language lol as I seem to be getting confused with all the teaching jargon!! lol Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

There are some new course about for adult education teaching which will also be useful for the new Diplomas they are bringing into schools.

The first of the 3 is C&G 7303 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS). It then goes on to a certificate and diplama.

Have a look on your local tech website as they are probably running these course.

I was going to start mine in Jan but things overtook me, so hoping to enroll for the next course. Here, it's a 10 week part time course.

HTH

Hi,
I've just enrolled on the 7303 course ready to start in April. I just went to an open evening at our local college and they were really helpful. It can get confusing with all the various teaching courses, there are different ways to approach it. My plan is to complete the 7303 and then complete the Cert Ed course part-time over the next two years. Hope this helps :)
Good luck,
Sarah xxx

Coleg Glan Hafren runs a beauty tutor course in Cardiff. If you give them a call they will be able to give you all the information you need

HTHs xx

I have just completed the pttls course
it was the hardest thing i have ever done. I really struggled with it but i did enjoy the micro teaching part. I honestly think they try to cram too much in to a short course. It didnt help that my tutor took the hump if i didnt understand something, I had more help from a geek than my tutor (thanks babe x)

I hope I dont put you off, but i sincerely hope you get a better tutor than what i did. During the microteach i got told off for rearranging the room to accomodate my students. I got negative feedback when we were told it would be postive.. Another student got really negative feedback and got quite up set. We felt we had been dealt a bum deal as the other 9 students who had completed there microteach with another tutor got brilliant constructive feedback which motivated the learners no end. We came out feeling like we had not achieved to the best of our ability.

I was the only student on the course that wasnt already a tutor, the others were there due to restructuring of qualifications so most of it was aimed at the students who already knew there stuff. I was just expected to know it.

You have to be at level 2 standard in english and maths or be working towards it. I am glad I did it but wished id had a better tutor.
I wish you all the best babe
Debbie x:hug:

Oh thats so sad when you have a tutor who is so unwilling to help you and just gives you neg feedback, I would never give any of my learners any feedback which I think may upset them Iam not saying that i always give good feedback but i think there is certain ways to give neg feedback without upsetting anyone, and i also tell my learners if anything is neg try and turn it into a positive and work on those areas.

I am just 1/4 of the way through my Cert Ed and some of the assignments are really hard but if i want to carry on teaching this is something that the goverment are saying that all further ed tutors must have so it had to be done.

For anyone who is doing any of the teacher quals at the mo, it may seem hard at times but stick with it, teaching is such a job worth doing if you are like me you will gain so much new knowledge from your learners.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back