Technicians that stock both Gelish and Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Geeg,
I'm still wondering if our older shellac will be compatable to the new LED or will decanting from an older shellac into a newer one cause a problem ? Maybe we'll have to wait till the LED is launched, I'm just curious.
That question never occurred to me !! Good one.
Shellac is not changing ... Your older Shellac is the same as your newer Shellac; it is the lamp that has to accommodate Shellac as it is, not the other way around, which is why I think it will not be a universal lamp that does all ... No such thing. Had it been that easy, CND would have offered 2 lamps in the first place.

Hi geeks,

As suggested in the title I am looking for a bit of advice on three of my regular clients. They have been clients of mine for over a year now and have had gelish from day one every three weeks.

I have recently purchased the platinum shellac kit and the Brisa lite smoothing gel kit and all three clients tried a shellac colour and the Brisa lite smoothing gel.

Yesterday I received a text saying that they have peeled etc at first I panicked yet when I checked my diary they were done three weeks ago tomorrow!!

My questions are firstly how do other geeks sell each products? The benefits and negatives of each brand? I would like to continue to offer both shellac and gelish yet I am struggling with how to compare the two on a client level without somehow dissing the other brand

Also, they insist on booking in every 3-4 weeks, I have tried everything to get them to come in every fortnight but it's not happening so I have to give up on that one I think.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you in advance

Jody

I use them both and GelColor .
The reason I have 3 is for colour selection and that Gelish/GelColor can be cured by LED.
Using BL under Shellac gives you the extra strength that some clients need so the main difference between them now is no shine removal prior to application of BL and Shellac which is better for the nail health.

To answer the OP, I use them both and I explain the differences without dissing the other brand. I have found myself investing more of my finances and my head into CND as a brand though, not because I don't like Gelish, but for a number of reasons. Maybe I would feel differently if NH had a presence on Salon Geek, I don't know.

What has happened with me is that those clients who I would have felt better suited to Gelish, are now steered towards Brisa Lite Smoothing gel under their Shellac. I advise and they like to listen and take that advice.

The only thing I can think of for my situation is for those particular clients it means having both systems applied, rather than just the one system (Gelish) and the way I price it means BL + Shellac is £2 more expensive than a Gelish treatment, but who is going to quibble over two quid?! I never remove the shine prior to applying Gelish and although I am aware that this is against the instructions, I have had no issues at all. If you do remove the shine, then I would include this when chatting to your client during the consultation.

Brilliant thank you, this is what I have been doing. My way so far is explaining to the client thy gelish is a gel polish whereas shellac is a power polish which uses the same UV technology to cure the product. The main advantage of Brisa lite and shellac is no natural nail damage, whereas with gelish the natural nail is buffed which I guess could cause thinning of the nail plate over time.

I am also investing in Cnd as a brand. As I already use their prep products etc.

I am yet to have a play with my sculpting kit... That's on it's way haha

Latest posts

Back