Tell me what you think waxers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my first ever Brazilian tonight since my training the other week, I felt it went really well and I'm feeling quite proud!! Just wondered what you think of my timings I done - half leg (above knee), under arm, top lip and a full all of Brazilian all in an hour and 30 mins. I worry constantly that I'm too slow and people won't want to come back to me!? It's actually the legs that feel like they take forever!

I know I'm new and need to be patient but would just like a little input from you experts :) xxx

Hi all,

I did my first ever Brazilian tonight since my training the other week, I felt it went really well and I'm feeling quite proud!! Just wondered what you think of my timings I done - half leg (above knee), under arm, top lip and a full all of Brazilian all in an hour and 30 mins. I worry constantly that I'm too slow and people won't want to come back to me!? It's actually the legs that feel like they take forever!

I know I'm new and need to be patient but would just like a little input from you experts :) xxx

Which treatments did you do? Half leg (above knee)
Under arm
Top lip
Brazilian
& a full what?

I'll add up my timings for you xx

Laura xx

You can't worry too much about timings unless you are working in a salon,tied to time and then its stressful.Not everyone's the same I can do some people's whole legs in 20 mins I have one lady who takes me an hour because she is 6 ft 5 most of which is very hairy legs I also have a young girl I've done who wants her legs waxed but do more than one strip at a time and she starts to feel faint so she obviously takes a long time.if you work on your own you are able to offer a personal service,if they need more time they can have it.

Which treatments did you do? Half leg (above knee)
Under arm
Top lip
Brazilian
& a full what?

I'll add up my timings for you xx

Laura xx

I think she meant a front to back Brazilian, although there is no other Brazilian but all off ;)
That would have been my 45 minute booking but I have been doing this a lot longer.
Don't stress about timings, do it right and the speed will come.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I think you did quite well, high 5 :wink2: xx

Sorry let me re type :)

In and hour and 30 mins i managed to do the following

- my first ever Brazilian
- underarms
- half leg (just above knee)
- top lip

I know I'm silly for worrying about timing but I'm convinced people won't want to come back to me because I'm slow! Need to slap it out if me xx

Clients would rather a job take longer and done right that a job rushed and have complain about, i wouldnt stress, i think its good timing and well done on your 1st go xx

So glad you posted this as I had a new client this evening for a full leg wax and brazilian (her first wax since last summer) and it took me 1.5 hours :( and was going to ask if this was too long.

Last edited:
Once you're doing the job she's paying you for, I don't think you should put so much pressure on yourself regarding time...you said you were happy with the results of your first ever Brazilian wax,you should focus on that instead...go you! Give yourself some credit,if you keep worrying about this and that,you run the risk of losing confidence in yourself,and THAT is the thing that will stop clients from coming back!
Enjoy your achievement! :D

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone :) I feel a lot more confident after my Brazilian wax can't believe I done it all by myself lol sad I know xx

- underarms
- top lip

I know I'm silly for worrying about timing but I'm convinced people won't want to come back to me because I'm slow! Need to slap it out if me xx
You've only just trained in Brazilians so that's good.

In future aim for an hour and do it like this (obviously cleanse etc):-

Lay client flat on on her tummy and wax the back of her upper legs, then do the backside of her Brazilian. Turn her over.

Apply first two strips of Brazilian and immediately do upper lip (takes less than one minute). Remove Braz strips.

Apply next Braz strip and put both clients arms above her head and apply wax to both of the underarms……..remove Braz and strip and underarm wax.

Apply next Braz strip, apply more wax on both underarms.

When both underarms are done place her arm down and finish Braz.

Then finish upper legs at front.

It's not done in a rush, it's very methodical and your clients will love you as they're not laying there for so long. x

Lay client flat on on her tummy and wax the back of her upper legs, then do the backside of her Brazilian. Turn her over.

Apply first two strips of Brazilian and immediately do upper lip (takes less than one minute). Remove Braz strips.

Apply next Braz strip and put both clients arms above her head and apply wax to both of the underarms……..remove Braz and strip and underarm wax.

It's not done in a rush, it's very methodical and your clients will love you as they're not laying there for so long. x

Wow Kim, you're so good!
I've done it before where I was trying to do lots at once, and only as the client was walking out the door did I see that I had completely forgotten the backs of her lower legs!
Lesson learnt! I am now quite quick and methodical, and I guess we all know what works for us.
I bought a pack of disposable gloves that I only use for Brazilians and have just replaced them, which means I now have about 50 Brazilians under my belt (if you know what I mean lol)!!!

Vicki x

Lovely thanks so much Kim! Xxx

Totally try to do it the same as Kim but have been doing bum first then top of legs at back while bum wax on. Feel that new clients are thinking OMG but how else to do that top part of full leg so that leg below bum is stretched enough. Back on topic I think your timing is ok, I took about 40 mins to do a Hollywood the other day but she hadn't been waxed for years, with a regular client 20 mins. I don't add on time for underarms because I do it at the same time as front of Braz. Full legs, don't even get me started, sometimes full leg and Hollywood 40 mins, one time took me 2 hours. Nightmare! Got a new client tomorrow for Hollywood and full leg so will note the time!

It takes as long as it takes. I always book out the maximum time for new clients and then once you've done them then you'll know how long to book for them the next time.
I will just say that I wouldn't want to do the lip in the middle of a brazilian. You'd have to change your gloves and then you'd have to put another pair on which is a waste. It only takes a minute so I'd usually do it first so any redness has chance to go down. :)

- underarms
- top lip

Ooo ok. I would book out 45 minutes for that. I've been waxing 6 years. I've been doing Brazilians for about 2 years. But as people have already said it takes as long as it takes. Doing a good job is more important than doing a rushed one. Time will come with practice :)

Laura xx

Sorry, let me clarify; I assumed that everyone would do this.

As I teach my students on Speed waxing (full body), when moving from below the neck to wax any part of the face, I cleanse my gloved hands thoroughly with anti-bac gel as it's impossible to change gloves half way through. I always make it obvious so the client can see what I'm doing and they can also smell it too.

Oh gosh I've got a "full body wax" next week or at least that's what she asked for

Legs, Hollywood, tummy, arms underarms, lips, chin,brows!!!!

Going to attempt to follow Kim's routine!
It's my mobile hairdresser so I know her a bit! She's a larger lady and also never been waxed before and has a low pain threshold! Wish me luck!

Sorry, let me clarify; I assumed that everyone would do this.

As I teach my students on Speed waxing (full body), when moving from below the neck to wax any part of the face, I cleanse my gloved hands thoroughly with anti-bac gel as it's impossible to change gloves half way through. I always make it obvious so the client can see what I'm doing and they can also smell it too.

Yep I remember you saying this in the training kim.

I'm still new though so I end up changing my gloves a few times throughout because I get wax on them *hides face* not ideal and means it takes me longer.

I'll get there!
Anti bacterial gel at the ready!

I think I need to come on one of your courses :)

Latest posts

Back