Telling a customer not to come back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonRee

Reaction score
If you had a customer who you'd just rather not return.......how would you word it when they try and book?

Any ideas??

Why don't you want them to come back?

Be difficult to offer suggestions without knowing, you could just always happen to be fully booked? xx

yes recently! basically no one can please our lovely client!-we had a meeting in salon to air out greivences and well she finds something to moan about every time then basically comes in for blow drys and sets at random times and then cancels at least 3 times before ever showing up. I simply decided to brave it up to say we cant fit her in, and tryed to give a offish vibe, didnt work she came back after 6 months.

So i then "Womaned up" (its not a real word) to enforce missed appointments and cancelled appointments cannot be booked in advance as your unreliable because life gets in the way for you not to call us!

I felt really mean, because its my buisness and i dont want to exclude anyone, but in the first time ive had to say no, i can be dealing with a woman, whos upsetting my staff! Good Luck xoxo

She just isn't worth the money. She thinks she knows everything, she was happy with the hair, but it just isn't worth the atmosphere and stress.

Well she MUST be happy because she keeps coming back.

I would definitely sack a client if I am not happy with their behaviour. Yes, it is money in your till. However, is this person really worth the hassle?

How is she making you and your staff feel; happy, no! ? She creates negative energy in your salon and leave you all in a bad mood.

You are "fully booked" or you can tell her that you guys cannot do anything to please her, so it is recommended that she tries somewhere else.

Life is too short - do what makes you happy or you will become resentful.

Oh I definitely agree, I'm just looking for ideas on how to word it!! Eeek!

Maybe tell her the truth that she makes you uncomfortable as her behavior is unacceptable and you will not be bullied by her anymore give her one more chance and if she doesn't change her ways then tell her she is no longer welcome on your premises,she maybe doesn't know she is a pain in the but :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Thanks, I don't want to give her another chance, as it isnt that she is being rude, just that she is a 'character'.....I don't think she could change even if she wanted to!

she maybe doesn't know she is a pain in the but :-D

Believe you me, people are always conscious of their unreasonable behaviour. It's just that we allow them to get away with it too often! They sometimes think that we wouldn't eat if they do not come in to make our lives hell.

Thanks, I don't want to give her another chance, as it isnt that she is being rude, just that she is a 'character'.....I don't think she could change even if she wanted to!

So what does she actualy do say to make you want rid of her :-D

I find being very busy and not being able to fit them in for couple of weeks usually puts them off without offending, As i am mobile i never answer the phone when they ring (cowards way i know but cant handle confrontation!!) good luck

I had a client who was very awkward and was also very rude. She was a client for about 6 months before i couldn't take any more, she was very rude to me and the hairdressing staff where i rent the room, to the point that other customers commented and i dreaded her coming in.

I decided i wouldn't do her any more, so the next time she phoned I politely said that I think it is best that she finds another salon as i wouldn't be booking her in any more. She was the politest she had ever been and said that was a shame and could i ring her if i changed my mind.

She didn't ask why, but if she did i would have said that she was quite abrupt and was upsetting myself, the other staff and clients.

I wouldn't "fire" clients left, right and centre, but on occassion it is necessary. Yes we are offering a service, but that doesn't mean we are beneath them. Everyone should be treated with respect xx

why dont youcharge her for her missed appointments - if she pays for her hair 3 times when she's only had it done once she might get the idea!!

So what does she actualy do say to make you want rid of her :-D

She causes my staff too much anxiety. She thinks she is 'helping' by telling them how to do their job, and she doesn't know what she wants. So she explains what style she wants, then changes her mind etc. My staff are awesome, and 99% of our clients are awesome. The stress isn't worth it, and my staff know their jobs well enough to not need the anxiety from someone who suffers from anxiety and obsessive compulsive issues.

I have luckily only had to do this with one person so far... I've been open 18months and my very first client in the salon messed me around, never let me know if she was not able to come or anything. She left some nasty messages on my answer phone too, as well as different contact numbers and names. Suspicious no? But as I had just opened I gave her the benefit of the doubt and booked her in, with her not showing, and later ringing me to book another, with no mention of the other appointment. Eventually it got ridiculous and so when she rang me back a few months later I instantly recognised her gravelly tones and told her that as I had previously booked out time for her before (patch tests and appointments) and she had not turned up to any or let me know (I have to this day never met this woman) I thought it best she found somewhere else to have her treatments. She sounded flabbergasted and embarrassed and offered to pay me for her missed treatments, whilst also saying to me that "had I not let you know?!". My heart was literally bouncing out of my chest but I stood my ground and my god I felt so much better when I put the phone down. She has tried to get back in touch again as she has left another answerphone message. If she manages to catch me on the phone again I will say the same back to her!

Yes your clients pay your wage, but part of the reason why we chose this career path is because we like the job we do, and the people we deal with. So many people are envious of our jobs as they hate their own, and we do ours generally because on the whole we love ours! I believe that for every nasty, horrible time waster there are at least 100 lovely clients out there, and that we should fill our books up with these people, so that every day we look at our books and think "gosh am I really getting paid for this?". In doing this we will do our best work and these nice people are more than likely to tell their nice friends. Hence a nice customer base!

Are you after telling her the truth when she rings to book?

Or are you looking for a white lie?

Just so we know which tree we're barking up :)

Yes your clients pay your wage, but part of the reason why we chose this career path is because we like the job we do, and the people we deal with. So many people are envious of our jobs as they hate their own, and we do ours generally because on the whole we love ours! I believe that for every nasty, horrible time waster there are at least 100 lovely clients out there, and that we should fill our books up with these people, so that every day we look at our books and think "gosh am I really getting paid for this?". In doing this we will do our best work and these nice people are more than likely to tell their nice friends. Hence a nice customer base![/QUOTE]

I agree totally with this. If you were working for someone who treated you badly, you have the option to quit working there. Why not with clients? I certainly do not allow my friends to treat me badly so I would not let a client either. We have to teach people how to treat us. No one else will.

Are you after telling her the truth when she rings to book?

Or are you looking for a white lie?

Just so we know which tree we're barking up :)

I'm not sure! Just feel I need to practise my sentence before I need to say it!

Latest posts

Back