Temperature for Creative Retention

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesT

Reaction score
Sorry, that this is long

I had a client come in the shop today that had chipped a nail. Unfortunatly this is the third nail she has broken off.

She had her nails done about 2 weeks ago from me. The salon that day was extremely warm. It was the record high for us. I live in Oregon. I know it was at least 97 degrees farinhet outside. Inside that day we did not have an a/c which was horrible. So I dont know how hot it was inside. But I know it was very hot because my opi polishes were quite warm. Anyhow, as I was opening my container to the monomer it was warm and I did put a fan by it and worked with it that way.

It was a really bad day.

I told the shop owner that I am pretty sure that the heat affected my product. I have never been in a situation like this. I know that this must have done something....

My question is is this. What is the maxium heat for acrylic and have it still be effective and work good for clients? Also since the retention liquid has been so hot is my product no good?

I live in Queensland Australia, in summer it gets quite warm here.
The only problem i have ever noticed when it's so warm is that i have to work quicker with my acrylic because it sets quicker in the warmth. Other than that i haven't had any problems with my products :)

over 95 degrees F?

I can't help you on the temperature limit, but I do use a slightly wetter mix ratio when it's warm, which gives me more time to sculpt the shape.
I work in my conservatory and it does get warm - even here in the UK!
I find it better to remove my liquid (Retention+) out of the area overnight, which helps.

you can also store the liquid in a chiller box when its really hot,
or when its in the dappen dish stand the dish in another container of icy water, just to bring the temperature down a bit,

i actually prefer it when its hot, as i like it setting quickly, and i loveeee being hot,dont do cold!!!

Latest posts

Back