Thank God prom season is nearly over!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
More of a rant I suppose but surely I'm not the only one who hates this time of year. I'm sick of little prom princesses demanding the world. Totally unrealistic expectations, they are worse than brides! I've had them taking selfies, running hands through their hair..argh. The last one was physically picking at her nails as she left and suprise suprise she now wants the redone! I hate prom girls

I had one yesterday that continually looked at her phone despite me asking her not too. I asked her to leave her hands on the table so as not to get fluff I them, that wasn't possible. I TOLD her that she must follow my instructions whilst having her lashes done, as to when she should open and close her eyes, she couldn't even do that! Sweet sixteen!
As of today, my insurance doesn't cover me to work on anyone under the age of 18. ;)
She is the daughter of a good friend. Otherwise I would have downed tools and asked her to leave.

Aw that's a shame. This was my first year doing prom nails and I loved it. They were all lovely and really excited. Several sent me thank you messages with pics of them on the night and recommended me to friends.

Aw that's a shame. This was my first year doing prom nails and I loved it. They were all lovely and really excited. Several sent me thank you messages with pics of them on the night and recommended me to friends.

Aw, that's lovely. I'm glad you had a positive experience. I usually have such lovely clients that this one really tried my patience. I think it's because she feels too familiar with me, because her mum and I are friends. I have come too far to be spoken down to by a snotty teenager. Her mum would be devastated if she knew.

The only issue I've had with younger clients are no shows. I'm sitting waiting for my 10:30 appointment now....
I'm thinking that sometimes it's not worth the hassle as they often have very short nails and unrealistic expectations

Well I fixed the picked nail and added glitter to some of the others, she's now happy (touch wood). One more prom one and I'm done ☺ Next year I may also say my insurance only covers me for over 18s.

I had an awful experience with a prom this year, one of my long standing clients phones me about 4 months ago in a panic I need to book my daughters prom!

no problem quoted! That was fine, then changed the dates of trial! Then daughter turns up for trials on her own, she brings airbrushed pictures! I want to look like that, anyway did the trial she's like 'oh I love it'. Week later mum messages can we just do hair, nails, toes don't worry about make-up, so I said that's fine.

Then a the day before she due to get nails done, I get a message really sorry going to have to cancel sorry see you soon, I was like I don't think so, so I charged her 50%, she then waits 4 days to pay! So I sent her my terms and conditions and invoice. She finally paid but started questioning my cancellation policy good thing I had weddings and proms excluded! Was a nightmare!

Her daughter looked awful on her prom, but it really dents your confidence! I think her hair and make-up that I did looked lovely!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467292297.329574.jpg

Those cases are so annoying !
Bet she had a 'friend' who thought she could do it!!
[emoji51]

I hate prom season. All I hear is "I hope it isn't the same as the other girls" and there's me thinking there's wars in this world sweetheart

It's such a shame clients are getting more and more demanding ......I've had some right little divas in the past that come with chewed short bitten finger nails and want crystals and nail art etc (I don't do acrylics) or they bring photos of their idols telling me they want to look the same ...darling I'm a beauty therapist not a miracle worker!!......drove me bonkers so stopped offering prom too stressful which is a shame as potentially a really good money earner .....my 16yr old daughter had her prom this week I think I was more excited than her .....and she was so grateful for everything I think she looked gorgeous but I am biased lol....sharmalee_amie that hair and make up looks beautiful X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467381274.409479.jpg

What a shame, I've had some lovely girls the last few weeks. It's the brides that book in the day before their weddings I want to run a mile from!

Aw I've had some really sweet prom girls in wanting their eyebrows done. It's the first time getting them done for some of them and they are so amazed how groomed brows changes the face.
Last year I was at a different salon doing tans. So funny. Two prom girls in particular who were lily white one ginger, one blonde, insisting on the darkest tan possible! I couldn't sway them at all. They did look too dark and the tone went orange on their pale skin but they loved it haha! X

Well luckily most kids I have done have been very excited and most of them booked make up courses with me afterwards , so that's always a bonus!

Latest posts

Back