Thanks for all the cuticle advise...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails&toes

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Although I've been signed up on this site and come and have a read through from time to time, i dont usually post.

But I just wanted to say a BIG thanks for all the info you post. I trained in manicures/pedicures & gels last year when i was made redundant and have subsequently passed by ITEC beauty and have started to build up a client base working from a treatment room at home.

The reason for the thanks is... I've recently started helping out in a local salon just for a few hours and had this rather intimidating lady for a manicure yesterday. She was complaining that I had not trimmed her cuticles and that they were tatty. Her cuticles were stuck like glue to her nail bed and I spent soooo much time trying to get them pushed back and nipped (whilst soaking and applying cuticle cream) but eventually i realised she meant the epionychium. I advised her that it was against good practice to remove that part of her skin as it was living tissue, also explaining what could potentially happen but she was not happy. I wont go into all the details but i left feeling uncertain of myself and my skills (my tutor had always given me the highest marks and encouragement for my manicures). After reading some of the 'cuticle' threads I now have my self assurance restored and know how to assert myself (home care advice for one thing) if i come across a similar client (or when!?).

Thanks again geeks!
Louise

Well done you thats great for your confidence I hope all goes well for you especially in your home based venture:hug:

So many geeks get there confidence knocked by overbearing clients, especially when you are just starting out, they can get you questioning your own skills and knowledge. its nice to know there a place you can go for confirmation, even tho you know you are right, and also the back up of people that have been in your shoes.
Geeks are the best for giving back up, advice and a shoulder to lean on when needed.
Welcome to the world of the geek, pleased to have you here...enjoy ...xxx

Latest posts

Back