Thanks Mum For A Fab Day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I just had to post and tell all you Geeks what a fab day was had at Loughton with the one and only Marian Newman. Thank you Tracy Leja (Creative ambassador at Loughton) for making the day happen! It was so interesting to hear about Marian's experiences in the industry and she really did take us out of our comfort zones. I think we all surprised ourselves with the final results and I just can't wait for my disc to pop through the post with our pics on.

Thanks also to fellow Geek Sarah (aka Sarwaa) for being so patient with me - you were a great model and your photos are sure going to be top class! I am sure you will be a competition winner soooon so do us Geeks proud and get entering! The other girls on the workshop who were all such a great bunch also produced some awesome pictures - Danielle, Cathy, Caroline and Tory. I'll post some pics when I get my disc.

So thanks again to Marian. For someone at the very top of the industry, it is great that you remain such a down-to-earth lady, generous with knowledge, made us all feel comfortable and instilled in all of us (me anyway) a new drive for ambition and success. THANK YOU!

OOOOHHH,

its sounds like you had a fabulous day Christine and can't wait to hear all about it. please post a pic when you get one hun so we can all take a look at what you have been doing.

Would have loved to attended this day with Marian and am so jealous of you all but unfortunately funds were not permitting at this time.
x

How come I never get told about ANYTHING that's going on Loughton? I pop in there and but stuff so it's not like I'm not on their system. Aargh !!!!

Anyway Chris, can't wait to hear about your day. xxx

Thanks Chris!

I had a great day too! Doesn't time run away when you're having fun!!!!! The pics look great! Although they weren't the main reason for the day, they are fun to do and I think everyone's work and ideas were fab.

Kimmi, although Tracey organised it and I just turned up, I did see a mention in PN and on here by Chris. Sorry you missed it if you wanted to come. Maybe I'll do another before the end of the year.

OOh i hope you do Marian would love to get to one of your sessions
x

Sorry Kimmi that you missed this opportunity. I posted about it and the fact that Loughton were running a raffle for a free place on the workshop. Hopefully Marian will do another workshop and I will certainly post some photos of our work.

I went on Marian's session earlier in the year and how much did I learn.

Did Mum take her magnifying tool with her...pretty scary stuff innit lol.

Cathie! said:

Oooh Cathie explain more, I'm intrigued.

I think we all work in a lovely industry that the top bods within it don't get too big for their boots and are still willing to help us lesser mortals! Three cheers for Marian!

Oh I am so glad you had a great day ... I was on the day with Cathie! and it was fab :) My prep improved so much from that day. Marian is an inspiration :)

Jo xxx :hug:

Yeah Marian's tool is wicked!!!!

Marian is such an inspiration!!!!

Hope you all had a wicked time (i am sure you did)

Kimmi there was loads of threads about the day Marian was doing down there.........

Amanda

Marian, please come and do a day up here soon:cry:

Marian Newman - I could sit and listen to her for hours and hours!!!

So inspiring and a lovely person.

Really pleased that you all enjoyed your day, I'll never forget the day I went on earlier this year (the one Cathie and Lily went on).

Cathie! said:
I went on Marian's session earlier in the year and how much did I learn.

Yes, Marian had her gadget with her - what a fab tool. I am sure there is big marketing potential for them. Prep will never be the same!

Latest posts

Back