The best nail dust/fume extractor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiemay1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I use an electric file and as you all know the dust is too much.
I'm wanting to buy a dust/fume extractor and the best I have found seems to be from vodex file o' way but at €700 it seems expensive (even though you can't put a price on your health).
I was just wondering if anyone has good results from any other extractors I can look into?

Thanks x

We use the Beauty Line that is manufactured by Filtronics in Sweden. As far as I know it is the only filter system to have been independently tested (99.97% removal of all dust and airborne chemicals). But the price is closer to 1100€ - although for 100€ more, it can work with two tables simultaneously which makes it more cost effective.

Professional filters that are capable of removing visible dust, invisible dust and fumes are not cheap. But it's an essential investment to protect your heath - I have met many NT who had to leave the business because they developed an allergy. Once that happens, you are more prone to developing other allergies and the situation is irreversible.

Cheaper filters only extract the dust. I suspect that few if any extract the invisible airborne dust - which is the most harmful to health. I can think of one very popular filter made in the USA which states it has a carbon filter - in reality it's far to small to do anything useful and in my opinion dangerous because it gives false hope.

The carbon filter in the Beauty Line we use, weighs 5.8kg and is 25cm x 25 cm x 30 cm approximately. You need a lot of carbon for two main reasons: 1) carbon is slow to react to the chemicals in the air, so the carbon needs to be deep so that the air passes a lot of it to be "scrubbed" clean, and 2) the more carbon you have, the longer it lasts. We need to change the filters on the Beauty Line every 3 to 4 months.

The Vodex looks like a professional system. Personally, I'd like to know how much active carbon is in their filter and also how often the filters need to be replaced, so I could calculate the daily running cost.

Latest posts

Back