The best technique for fan shaped nails ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
My middle nail is fan shaped,
Now whenever I do them I always end up breaking this one,

After examining how I do them I know I have a problem with the application on this nail, but I don't know how to resolve it...

I know I make the nail too thin both at the apex and the sidewalls,
I think I do it right to begin with, but then end up filing it away in an attempt to slim the nail down, as it always looks fat and wel...fan shaped !

I have tried pinching, it doesnt make a difference, I have tried tipping and sculpting still always the same,

I have custom blended, and i still end up filing away at the sidewalls to make it look like the others.

Can anyone help me please x

My middle nail is fan shaped,
Now whenever I do them I always end up breaking this one,

After examining how I do them I know I have a problem with the application on this nail, but I don't know how to resolve it...

I know I make the nail too thin both at the apex and the sidewalls,
I think I do it right to begin with, but then end up filing it away in an attempt to slim the nail down, as it always looks fat and wel...fan shaped !

I have tried pinching, it doesnt make a difference, I have tried tipping and sculpting still always the same,

I have custom blended, and i still end up filing away at the sidewalls to make it look like the others.

Can anyone help me please x

Yes ... wear your nails oval shaped! Wearing a squareish shape only emphasises the fan.
The other suggestion is to just GET OVER IT as you are probably the only one who notices this one nail!! :lol:

Yes ... wear your nails oval shaped! Wearing a squareish shape only emphasises the fan.
The other suggestion is to just GET OVER IT as you are probably the only one who notices this one nail!! :lol:
:green:
Come to think of it, it is only when I have them square...
It came to my attention because I am doing nails I wouldn't usually wear on myself, can't say too much lol,
But they are square :lol:

Thankyou xxxxxxx

I have the same problem with both of my ring fingers,and it drives me crazy when filing I end up filing them to thin and breaking them:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back