The Bigger the Nail The Thicker the Nail???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Happy New Year to you all!

Can anyone answer my question - is it a general rule that the bigger the nail the ticker the overlay application should be?

I done a new set of nails on my friend last night who has fairly large nails. I used the smaller Sculptor Brush for these rather than the larger brush that comes with the kit (sorry, can't remember the name of it) and managed to give her a beautiful thin set of Forever French. I've done her nails about six times now, but these are by far the best I've done for her.

I was over the moon with them last night (I'll put pictures on my site soon), but now this morning after sleeping on it I'm beginning to worry that I've made them too thin! She's been wearing enhancements for over ten years now and is very good at looking after them, but now I'm worrying that maybe I should have made them slightly thicker?

I guess only time will tell, but wondered does anyone have any opinions/experience they can share?

Regards,

Karen
xxx

Hi Karen

isn't it good to love what you have just done!!!

Bigger does not necessarily mean thicker. It does mean more product though. Just think of a thumb nail as compared to a little finger.

The most important aspect is a balanced nail that has all the right shapes. A balanced nail is a balanced nail is a balanced nail whatever the finger size.

See what I'm getting at?

Marian

Thank you for your speedy reply, Marian.

Yes, I did use bigger beads. I have another friend with teeny nails and I struggle to get the beads small enough, so I know I've used more product.

I was pretty happy with the apex and c-curve too, so fingers crossed she'll come back with her full set in tact in two weeks!

Thank you again Marian, you've put my mind at rest and I'll stop worrying now.

Kind regards,

Karen
xxx

Latest posts

Back