The dreaded Live XXL again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie21

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client coming in this afternoon who insists on getting these horrible XXL kits (purple!) from boots every few months, destroying her hair then wants me to make her look like Cheryl Cole! I keep telling her how bad they are and the reason why demis are better but she won't listen.
On one hand it's good business because we have been inundated with colour corrections these past few weeks, on the other it's frustrating to see these colours being advertised as a good way to get a funky colour quickly and cheaply. Do you think that's why Schwarzkopf are selling them? Because they know people will be spending money in hairdressers getting it fixed? Feels like I'm going round in circles with these box kits!

If she wants to put box colours on her hair then she is going to do it. She isn't doing what you want BUT if she is paying to come to you and fix it then you should smile, fix it & take the money. She could just buy more box colours or correction kits and trey to fix it at home herself.

I am not a hair geek but it is like comparing those nail clients that keep going back to NNS. I don't give up trying to talk to them about it. They know the facts and still chose to go there - fine, after all it's their choice.

I have clients that keep going to the local NSS and who came to me & got their nails back into nice shape & then went back to NSS because they were quick & lasted. I just smile when they say their nails are wrecked again, they know the facts & chose to do that to themselves & they know the cost of fixing the issue is time & money spent with me or another tech who will treat their nails with more care & attention.

I really don't know why Schwarzkopf do it. But I do know that because of it I stopped using their colours.

I couldn't agree more with baggy, they get warned, and they choose to do it again and again so let them ruin their hair and scalp.

A cousin of mine was always between me and boxes, she would mess up and I would fix, almost every time she tried to colour. In the end I stopped fixing her hair and let her go around like a hot mess. She caught me yesterday after work and asked me to try and fix her hair again after she used a live red all over, was told she couldn't have it in work so used 4 boxed of live platinum to get it back to blonde. Her scalp has been burned, her hair like gum and the ends snapped.
Ok I'm a little down that I won't fix it, but I've told her it was her choice to use them and she will have to sort it herself. And so I will leave her with platinum roots, gold and copper midlength and the most beautiful Salmon copper broken ends you have ever seen.

X

I bet we all feel like banging our heads against a brick wall at times with clients continually using box dyes and especially those XXL Schwarzkopf ones.

My older sister visited in the last half term and used one of their vibrant red ones, and wanted to go swimming, I advised against it as the colour would DEFINITELY run TREMENDOUSLY in the pool which would not only cause embarrassment, but probably panic as it would probably look like a huge loss of blood!!! After colouring her scalp was extremely stained as well and she told me it tingled when she applied it which is generally not a good sign.

She expected me to cut hers and all her families hair, which I agreed as a one off as she was here from Wales, but the condition was awful.

Why do companies sell these products? and why do people still buy them? Mind boggling, although the client probably sees it as a convenience.

Hi geeks,
I have a client coming in this afternoon who insists on getting these horrible XXL kits (purple!) from boots every few months, destroying her hair then wants me to make her look like Cheryl Cole! I keep telling her how bad they are and the reason why demis are better but she won't listen.
On one hand it's good business because we have been inundated with colour corrections these past few weeks, on the other it's frustrating to see these colours being advertised as a good way to get a funky colour quickly and cheaply. Do you think that's why Schwarzkopf are selling them? Because they know people will be spending money in hairdressers getting it fixed? Feels like I'm going round in circles with these box kits!

I used the red and it broke my hair!!

I had a text the other day of a mother saying help! My daughter and her friends have put an #ombre kit on her hair and she's orange . Will you come fix it....she was 13 and I ignored the text....I knew she was lying because I saw her daughter post a picture to her moms facebook saying I've got this one mom ...you wouldnt believe the ammount of houses I've Been to and the mother's colour there kids hairs ...it's honestly horrendous...one girl is just one big frizz ...I've warned her mother not to touch it again x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back