The event !! - all scottish geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPCAT1008

Reaction score
Hi - who is going from Scotland ?? After talking with Fiona Wallace I have decided I would like to go - I was under the impression that you had to be an expert on nails !! I havent done many nails but Fiona has assured me that it is for begginners, intermediate and experts so I am gong to call to see if there is a ticket still available. I dont want to go on my own so if anyone is going let me know and I will try and arrange travel and hotel etc the same . Thanks Marie :)

Keep me informed - I'd really like to go but money and childcare are an issue :( But if I have a better idea of costs I might be able to swing it.

Thanks for tackling this!

Dawn (near Alloa)

Hiya I'm travelling down by car with Marioned, Klassy Klaws & possibly Debi-Dee, from Angus, North East Scotland. Debora isn't sure yet how she is travelling down yet, so if she doesn't come with us, I could maybe squeeze the two of you in my car, if you can get yourself to a services on my route?

We have booked double rooms at the Premeir Inn, Manceshter Trafford Centre West, and it was £126 for 2 nights ( i.e £63 each), cost of event ticket is £195 + vat. Hotel is 95% booked though, so you'd need to be quick!!

Happy to help if I can, just let me know:hug:

Hi Lisa - thanks for that.
I have bought my ticket and booked into the same hotel as yourselves. That would be very good of you. What time do you think you will be travelling down at and what route do you go - is it Kincardine Briudge, Forth Road Bridge ??? Thanks marie x

I'll pm you Marie x

Hi - who is going from Scotland ?? After talking with Fiona Wallace I have decided I would like to go - I was under the impression that you had to be an expert on nails !! I havent done many nails but Fiona has assured me that it is for begginners, intermediate and experts so I am gong to call to see if there is a ticket still available. I dont want to go on my own so if anyone is going let me know and I will try and arrange travel and hotel etc the same . Thanks Marie :)

I am really confused now because after reading the big thread about the event I thought it was just for nail professionals.
I would love to go but am scared that I would feel a right idiot compared to everyone who is trained in nails and has lots of experience.

I'm not sure exactly, I think it should be ok as long as you have done your training?

If you are confident in the basic application of nails, i.e done at least a foundation course, I would think it would be ok.

Call Sweet Squared and ask or pm Samantha or Gigi, they will tell you.

Hth's:hug:

I am really confused now because after reading the big thread about the event I thought it was just for nail professionals.
I would love to go but am scared that I would feel a right idiot compared to everyone who is trained in nails and has lots of experience.

Just to clarify....yes, beginners, intermediates, experienced and master techs are very welcome...however, only qualified nail techs, i.e. those who have completed a foundation course should attend.

Just to clarify....yes, beginners, intermediates, experienced and master techs are very welcome...however, only qualified nail techs, i.e. those who have completed a foundation course should attend.

Thanks for clearing it up Fiona.
I do hope they will be having another event next year when I will hopefully be qualified :)

Hi - I have bought my ticket and I am going now - after reading all the threads about the event , I know that I am going to come home ready to start doing nails , nails and nails !! Well hopefully lol. This is what I have been needing for ages - somehting that will get me motivated - so excited. Also I never usually go anywhere on my own, so thats a challenge as well - really looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back