The Facebook/Twitter/Instagram rant thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah1992

Reaction score
Just by looking at the rant thread it's easy to see that Facebook winds a lot of us up to the nines!

Great for business but "love me live, love me lil angles xoxo" is just beginning to get irritating!

Take out your rants here to prevent a 'facebook war' by commenting on one of these annoying updates!

I unfollowed someone on twitter who tweeted every hour about how amazing her life is. Baby on the way, loving guy who looks gorgeous 'oh got home to huge bunch of roses lol' then 'snuggled in bed with my man who smells sooo nice'. Vomit inducing.
Well, great for you but actually you're boring as ****

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I look at it, the people constantly on FB and Twit are insecure and need constant approval. They need to prove to themselves and everyone they know that their life is amazing (it's not, otherwise you wouldn't need to try and justify it with constant updates).

I haven't been on FB since Dec 2012 and do miss it? Do I heck! Finding out how shallow and selfish and materialistic your so called friends are is depressing. It makes the world a sadder place. Not knowing how revolting they are makes it easier to remain friends with them.

The graphic detail from some people about every aspect of their lives. No I neither care nor need to know how many times your child has eaten/pooped/rolled over. I see a lot of updates on sick and toilet habits of children and to be honest, those people are now hidden from my view. Who needs to know this level of information!?

Ah, feel a bit better now!

I love this, I have a woman on my Facebook who updates numerous times a day with how much of a genius her child is ! Everyday it's "today so and so recited the alphabet backwards and he's not even 2 yet" or " my son is soooooo clever today he named all the planets he can type his own name into the iPad and he's just taken up quantum physics at university level " ok so the last bit might be a slight exaggeration but her status' annoy me so much ! What's worse is I can't unfollow her because in a twisted way I like to get annoyed by them !!! X

Haha! I know that feeling "I cant stand ..... But I cant block them incase I miss something really annoying!" I dont know why we do this to ourselves!

I also cant stand people on facebook who upload a selfie for every day and then change profile picture to said selfie to draw extra attention to how beautiful they looked while waiting for the bus!

The only reason I use Facebook is cos of my business page. Occasionally I will scroll down the news feeds on my personal page to be greeted by the usual "its raining" or "my new wallpaper has arrived" or my personal fav "god I hate bananas". Even more occasionally I will write a post on my personal page, usually wishing a distant friend a happy bday! I count myself as lucky, my real life is interesting & normal enough that I don't feel the need to live it via Facebook. I don't do twitter, I have a phobia of anything with feathers that tweets!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

People who have twitter accounts talking as though they are animals. Grrr
'Im stalking birds in the sunshine'
Get a life mate

Facebook is funny, there are two extremes, the overly boring "just nipping to the shop" and then the really personal every little detail about their love life/divorce/medical/legal issues etc. Then you have the ones who are always up loading "my amazing family" pics when everyone knows she's having a bit with the milkman and he's down the pub every night :/!! I only post stuff up that I don't care who sees. For example if I went out one night, I would put pics up as everyone that was out would of seen me any way, but private stuff about anything else then no way. I suppose it takes all
Sorts! Xx

People that go out for meals and then take pictures of each course! Then out hashtags all over it!! Bog off lol x

People that go out for meals and then take pictures of each course! Then out hashtags all over it!! Bog off lol x

I absolutely hate seeing photos of people's food! I'm far too busy tucking in to my food to bother taking a photo and uploading it onto Facebook x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's already been mentioned - Omg no :-( people ask what's up, then get told can't post it on FB I'll pm you...

Constantly saying how much they love their son/daughter and tagging them so the poor child gets ridiculed at school after all their mates see it

My latest FB hate, is personal life on their business pages eg..posting a pic of their 2 kids, faces full of snot snd chocolate stating they're Ill from school or its the holidays and will have to bring them on mobile appointments...swearing, innuendos and sarcastic comments Then wonders why they have no clients

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

My latest FB hate, is personal life on their business pages eg..posting a pic of their 2 kids, faces full of snot snd chocolate stating they're Ill from school or its the holidays and will have to bring them on mobile appointments...swearing, innuendos and sarcastic comments Then wonders why they have no clients

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I so agree with your post! What is with business pages updated with personal info. . And not to mention the kisses xx after each post. .. it's a business page! ! Anyone with xx after their posts I turn off. Immediately. Wouldn't entertain them even if there was something on there that I wanted, I'd go somewhere else.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I so agree with your post! What is with business pages updated with personal info. . And not to mention the kisses xx after each post. .. it's a business page! ! Anyone with xx after their posts I turn off. Immediately. Wouldn't entertain them.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry xxx<3xxx

JUICE frigging PLUS!

I'm fed up with "my life is sooo amazing and I'm looking for 2 amazing people to join my amazing team"

"You can earn 100000's per month and work only part time"
What a load of JuiceCrap &#128521;

Oooh the ones that moan about another's status in their status, then post in the exact same vain hours, days, weeks later. I always giggle at this.

I like fb to an extent, my rule of thumb is I'll not publically post anything that I wouldn't tell a little old lady at the bus stop. I've turned many a blue rinse grey ;) no that's not true, if I'm genuinely happy I'll post about something nice I've done, funny anecdotes from my boy, pics for the family to see or to moan about my husbands snoring (and how I plan to kill him ;) ), just general things really, nothing OTT. If I'm down I dont post at all simple as that.

In the private fb groups im in with a handful of friends, I'm a little more risqué, highly inappropriate and ranty... and I like it ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back