The Facebook/Twitter/Instagram rant thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who put a attention seeking status up then delete it as soon as someone comments on it!!! And I can't delete said person because she's in my group of friends and it would make things awkward!

Also, why do business pages think it's ok to constantly post personal stuff? I don't want to know about your live especially when it's inappropriate, there's a business near me that I've now unlike as there constant posts of videos of them singing and swearing annoyed me! And what's with business pages tagging everyone that had liked there page in every post?

I have a fb friend that updates monthly about her two kids, 1 and 3. Such things as wieght, head circumfrance, hieght, and age in months not years!! Then has weekly updates of food her kids like and dislike and achievents tgey've made! Like really...... Who gives a f**k

Another child Facebook rant; this girl updated her status every Friday with a pic of her child and how many weeks she was and what new things she could do! I endured this for 52 weeks! Thankfully she's 1 and she's stopped counting! I mean really!!

I so agree with your post! What is with business pages updated with personal info. . And not to mention the kisses xx after each post. .. it's a business page! ! Anyone with xx after their posts I turn off. Immediately. Wouldn't entertain them even if there was something on there that I wanted, I'd go somewhere else.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

To what extent are you taking personal info on business pages??
I dnt think there is anything at all wrong with not hard selling to your clients all day everyday and including something a little personal so your likers get to kno a bit about the person running the page! I don't mean putting up pics of your kids or ranting about your partner etc..
But I also put a few kisses sometimes after my posts. Just to make it a bit more personal and not like I'm a hard faced robot just wanting to sell to my likers all the time.

Nicola! Xxx

To what extent are you taking personal info on business pages??
I dnt think there is anything at all wrong with not hard selling to your clients all day everyday and including something a little personal so your likers get to kno a bit about the person running the page! I don't mean putting up pics of your kids or ranting about your partner etc..
But I also put a few kisses sometimes after my posts. Just to make it a bit more personal and not like I'm a hard faced robot just wanting to sell to my likers all the time.

Nicola! Xxx

Ha ha. That made me chuckle. NO NO NO it's all wrong. *smirk*.

Depends what you class as professional. I'd be shocked if I got a prescription from a doctor with a few kisses at the end! !! I'd never go there again. I wouldn't be able to take the business seriously if there were kisses after comments or smiley faces. I try and maintain complete professionalism.... Obviously on here is different.. but my businesses ... You'd be talking to a completely different person, you'd never know Virtues2011 even existed.

Is this what is classed as split personality!

Last edited:
Anyone who has 'Proud Mummy' or 'Mummy To be' as their middle name..... :evil:

Loving this thread! Ahhh there are so many things I could list here but I will have to go with my pet peeves.

One FB friend in particular always posts things like "well she didn't get enough sleep last night. I guess that's my fault for working night shift so the family has food on the table". ALWAYS whinging about how grumpy his wife is, or how naughty his 4 kids are and how they are on such a tight budget (read: broke) because of said kids. Yet I can't delete him (or the wife) because I'm waiting for the relationship status change to "divorced" LOL!

Another one is how people post things like "well it's 8am and I've already vacuumed, mopped the floors, done 6 loads of washing, fed the kids breakfast, saved the world and cured cancer [ok those last 2 they don't say, but that's what it seems like!]....hmm what to do for the rest of the day" hmm how about get a job and go to work like the rest of us have to!

The people that do the I've done all the chores by 8am (like said above) should probs just get a diary? Why does anyone need to know that! If you met up with a friend later that day you probs wouldn't even mention that you ironed, cleaned, scrubbed and saved the world by 8am cos nobody cares! Your not gonna get a medal for it!!!

The total overuse of 'hun'.

As in 'Hi hun, I tried to call you earlier hun, no reply hun, are you ok hun'?.

Actually scrap that, the use of that friggin word at all!

This feed is amazing!

One of my biggest ones is the "Had the worst day of my life can't believe whats happened!" "What's wrong hun?" "Can't say on facebook sweetie I'll give you a ring" just ring her why announce it!!!

I also have an old school acquaintance (friend would definitely be pushing it) who 2 weeks ago posted a status about how to start divorce proceedings from her husband and a week later uploaded a picture of the birthday cake she made him. What's that about?!!

Anyone who has 'Proud Mummy' or 'Mummy To be' as their middle name..... :evil:

Thankfully my FB friends are pretty normal or at least have the same sense of humour as me, so I don't actually know anyone who does this, but I have seen them. They normally accompany text speak or very bad spelling and loads of xxxx's.

I've just put a picture of me naked on facebook, would you like to see it ?

I've just put a picture of me naked on facebook, would you like to see it ?

Is it on your business page? Yes please :D

Of course .. where else would it be ? Not on the personal page.. silly :lol:

Of course .. where else would it be ? Not on the personal page.. silly :lol:

TUT.

My ex keeps popping up on the 'people you may know' on FB.
God he looks old and even more miserable lol.

# games, in particular #100happydays which equals 100 vomit inducing pictures of my friends snotty children that I don't need to see!

# games, in particular #100happydays which equals 100 vomit inducing pictures of my friends snotty children that I don't need to see!

Ohhhh come on let's play the number photo game on here, now!! I'll start, yours is #75

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397751711.304163.jpg

I have one close friend who continuously posts selfies... Every single day I scroll down and, there it is, her big ol' face, clogging up the news feed.

An old family friend is always on there moaning about the media portraying big families as scroungers and asbos... She tends to forget, some of us actually know her and her family, and they're scroungers and asbos!
She also has a son with a heart condition, who's had every 'dream' or 'wish' come true by some very generous charities yet, moans when they won't grant his wish to visit Disney (Florida) because he's already been granted Disney in Paris. Winds me up how she can't just be grateful for what her son has already received but just moans about the charities not paying for what SHE wants!

And, like so many others, people who post vague, attention seeking status', just for a reaction.

Oh... And people who insist on being passive aggressive in an obvious/not obvious way... If you've got something to bloody say to someone a) say it b) to their face. Problems should stay private between people involved. Not spread all over Facebook for the world to watch!
(Except still do that or I'll have nothing to moan about 😏)

Latest posts

Back