The Gel Bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am qualified in CND Shellac on natural nails. I don't work with extensions or hard gels. I'm thinking of trying the gel bottle and I'm just wondering if BIAB is a base coat, or is it a gel layer that you would usually use for infills? If it is simply a base coat that can be used on natural nails I'll buy it, but if it's something that's usually used with extensions, or something that will need to be removed with an electric file I wont get it as I have no experience with that kind of thing.
Thank you!

BIAB is a soak off builder gel. I use it on natural nails but I think some people use it on tips too.

BIAB is a soak off builder gel. I use it on natural nails but I think some people use it on tips too.

Thank you! Would you recommend it to someone who only works with natural nails? Does it make removal difficult?

I only use it on natural nails. It does take longer to soak off if you don’t use an e file to get the gel polish off and break through the biab alittle. There is a Facebook group for the gel bottle they have educators there. I do ask a lot of questions there. I over all love it! A friend of mine who nothing stays on more than a few days is on day 15! So we’re thrilled.

That's what I want! I'm sick of chippped nails within a week. I was thinking of ordering BIAB but I was worried that as I don't do extensions etc that I'm not used to the filing method that would need to be used for it. I don't own an e-file, I'd almost be too afraid to use it as I feel unqualified!

I love it and I just am super careful to only do the polish. Most of the people in the gelbottle group just infill it and e file off the gel polish. You only need the e file to help get through some layers... otherwise I don’t use it at all. Have you watched any of their videos yet?

So do you just use the e-file to remove the colour polish, then use an acetone soaked pad to remove the rest? And if you're doing the nails again, you just add more BIAB on top of the old BIAB as an infill, or do you completely remove BIAB and start all over again? I'm just wondering how easy it would be for me to pick up as someone who is only qualified in basic shellac, who has never done any infilling! Thanks for all your tips. I've watched some videos but they all seem to be on extensions, and using e-files which I was nervous about!

Correct. I remove it totally, I suck at infilling. Have you joined the gel bottle group on Facebook? They had a huge thread about this. I actually bought a new bit that is made for taking off gel polish.

Latest posts

Back