The Great Nail Abduction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
If it hasn’t happened already, I promise you that sooner or later you will get the call that will send your heart racing and sweat pouring. The next time that phone rings – it could be a client complaining that their nail enhancements been mysteriously ‘abducted’ in middle of the night.

The great nail defection seems an ethereal phenomenon that only affects the occasional client at the most unpredictable times and for absolutely no plausible freaking reason. As if there is some government conspiracy or maybe the nails are abducted by UFO’s in middle of the night to be probed and picked. Heck, maybe they are seeking asylum in France.

The defection is often traumatic enough to send any nail professional into panic mode.

• “Do I suck?”
  • “Does my product suck?”
  • “Is she going to want her money back now that I have just spent it on a new yacht?”
  • “Did the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie really chug as bad as I thought it did?”

I bet my toupee that the only affirmative answer to the above questions is with the latter - that movie sucked the sweaty socks off a gerbil.
[break=The shocking truth!]
You best sit down for this next statement:

“Sometimes clients lie". (Whilst I’m at it, there is no tooth fairy and yes, I am the Easter bunny). The fact is, in virtually all cases where all 10 nails mysteriously took off to the Bahamas without the person that you adhered them too - the client is talking out of their pie hole.

In most cases, the client is simply too chicken to actually admit that their version of ‘falling off’, is them actually picking, tearing, breaking or eating the said nails off.

Yes, in most cases the client has forced their nails off however, the said client doesn’t want to look you in the eye and admit to this – either that or they are seriously tight and just trying to get new replacements for free!!

How do you handle this sketchy situation? Why, with geeky elegance of course!

With your best impression of Margaret Thatcher, pound on the nail desk and DEMAND that they bring the offending enhancements back to you as soon as possible.

Explain how incensed you are and that you are sending the non-stick nails back to the company laboratory for analysis.

Watch as your client ‘umms and ahhhs’ whilst trying to discreetly hide the fact that they still have a Velocity tip stuck between their teeth (more importantly, notice the white ‘tear’ marks on their natural nails or the underside of the enhancement when they bring them back).

If an enhancement begins to lift and your faithful client starts picking and munching at it, massive nail plate damage occurs. Any time product is forced from the nail plate (even when lifting is present); the product does not simply ‘peel away’ from the natural nail, rather the natural nail plate tears apart from itself!

This is why you can check out the underside of removed product and discover that there is still some freaking nail plate attached to it! This means that the product actually never let go of the natural nail but the keratin could not defend itself from the immense pressure exerted upon it by your client’s molars.

If you want to avoid the embarrassing and uncomfortable situation that results from a nail defection, be sure that you sufficiently explain to your client your stance on defections during your initial consultation or in your salon literature.

brilliant sam

that certainly put a smile on my rainy day mug thanks sam

Very good loved this one :D

Caz xxx

Brilliant xxx

I always point out to clients in there consultation that im a picker, biter, eater etc etc:o !!! Took me a long time to come out!!! And that its really bad to do and the damage to nail plate can be awful, and dont do it. But my point of telling them is that i can spot a half eaten nail a mile off so dont try and blag a blagger!!!

Have to say since ive used this tactic not so many nails disappear or pop off when i was making the bed!!!!

Hey Sharon that's what I do too, did it today in fact. Someone with loads of lifting at the free edge but none at the cuticle. I said I really don;t get on with overlays as I can't help but pick at them, oh yes says my client I know what you mean, it's lovely to get your nails between them and have a good pick! Ha caught ya red handed!:smack:

SharonAuk said:
Brilliant xxx

I always point out to clients in there consultation that im a picker, biter, eater etc etc:o !!! Took me a long time to come out!!! And that its really bad to do and the damage to nail plate can be awful, and dont do it. But my point of telling them is that i can spot a half eaten nail a mile off so dont try and blag a blagger!!!

Have to say since ive used this tactic not so many nails disappear or pop off when i was making the bed!!!!

It's a bit like trying to tell the dentist you don't eat sweets as he's filling your gob with 20 fillings!!!:)

GREAT!!!!!!! he he he

Even after Greek > English translation, it comes out as "they were not there in the morning" - where do their nails go overnight?

absolutely hilarious... nice one!

Very funny and true...

very funny and true!!!:eek:

thanks for that. really helps with the ol' confidence! :green:

Excellent Sam!

That happened to me yesterday, young girl who has had them on 4 days broke one, cracked 2 and then they mydteriously "fell off" over night, those were her actual words. Closely followed by "is it still the same price as they fell off" She's not in til Thursday for her repairs, will I still see the NN damage then as it will have been 4 days since they fell off.

I Just Read That article It Was Very Informative AND MADE ME Almost Pee Myself I Laughed So Hard, And By The Way That Galaxy Movie Really Sucked, Sucked So Bad I Stopped Watching It 20 Minutes Into It.

Belinda

excellent
thanks Sam)):)

Latest posts

Back