The grey/silver thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys i desperately need a formula to achieve one of the following greys!!! i work with wella koleston perfect, illumina and colour touch but below you can see what my hair looks like, the pink is from the indian holy powder that refuses to come out and this is after bleaching twice with 40 volume and olaplex please am desperate!
Screenshot_2015-06-21-19-36-18.png
unnamed (10).jpg
20150625_171212.jpg

I definitely would not put anymore bleach on it

We're not miracle workers. Sometimes we have to compromise, you're not always going to be able to get from one colour to another.

If its not coming out then its not coming out.

Now I don't know whether the hair is very damaged or its just wet and curly as it doesn't look as bad once zoomed in. But either way I don't think you're going to get it to silver in one go.

Hiya,

Why did you use bleach and 40vol ?

Even with olaplex, you can still damage your hair, and you absolutely have. Some of those ends need to come off! You need to do some olaplex treatments and try to rebuild as much integrity as you can. Your hair is a mess! Look how patchy it is! Stop worrying about achieving silver gray and start worrying about presentable hair.

I had a client recently that requested "a natural grey shade" since she wanted to stop colouring her hair all the time. Another colleague had previously done foils a few times so she was a level 9-10 with a bit of brass, so I mixed Wella 10/8, 12/81, 0/81 and a tiny hint of 0/11. Came out really nice, light grey with a tiny hint of blonde.

I had a client recently that requested "a natural grey shade" since she wanted to stop colouring her hair all the time. Another colleague had previously done foils a few times so she was a level 9-10 with a bit of brass, so I mixed Wella 10/8, 12/81, 0/81 and a tiny hint of 0/11. Came out really nice, light grey with a tiny hint of blonde.

Why did you not only out a highlift on already lightened hair but you mixed it with a shade that its prohibited to be mixed with! 12 line is not supposed to be mixed with anything but each other and special mix, and under no circumstances to be put a lightened hair to tone.

Why did you not only out a highlift on already lightened hair but you mixed it with a shade that its prohibited to be mixed with! 12 line is not supposed to be mixed with anything but each other and special mix, and under no circumstances to be put a lightened hair to tone.

I recently finished my training and during my last placement I was told that this mix of colours would turn out to a nice and natural grey. I added the 0/81 by myself. I didn't question this since the end result came out nice both times I've done this, but I was aware that the 12 line is not for toning. Why is it prohibited to mix the 12 line with other colours? I want to know so I can avoid using this mixture again. Sorry for all the questions but I want to learn x

I recently finished my training and during my last placement I was told that this mix of colours would turn out to a nice and natural grey. I added the 0/81 by myself. I didn't question this since the end result came out nice both times I've done this, but I was aware that the 12 line is not for toning. Why is it prohibited to mix the 12 line with other colours? I want to know so I can avoid using this mixture again. Sorry for all the questions but I want to learn x

The 12 line is made using a separate formulae.

Its intended to do different things than the rest of kp; to lift higher, to have more neutralisation. Another point being its mixed 1:2, the rest of kp is 1:1.

The 12 line is made using a separate formulae.

Its intended to do different things than the rest of kp; to lift higher, to have more neutralisation. Another point being its mixed 1:2, the rest of kp is 1:1.

The first time I used this mix I didn't mix it myself but the lady at my placement told me she did 1:1.5 which I found odd but I did the same when I did it the second time. Since I'm fairly new I'm not sure who to trust sometimes. Even though it came out nice I will try to come up with a new mix to achieve the same colour because I don't want any mishaps.

The first time I used this mix I didn't mix it myself but the lady at my placement told me she did 1:1.5 which I found odd but I did the same when I did it the second time. Since I'm fairly new I'm not sure who to trust sometimes. Even though it came out nice I will try to come up with a new mix to achieve the same colour because I don't want any mishaps.

Some hairdressers get stuck in bad habits; don't allow them to be rubbed off onto you.

That's whats really sad about trainees who go on placements, they respect the stylists so take everything they say as the truth. If it goes against mfi then don't believe them.

Matrix slate grey - 20mls of 8P, 1ml of 1A and a dot of blue booster. Only on a clean ten with no existing yellow. If yellow is present then miss out blue booster as otherwise the hair will be a lovely shade of green[emoji33]

I like to use Color touch 9/16 + 7/89 1" 2/0 and double pastel developer. Turns out a beautiful steely silver.

I like to use Color touch 9/16 + 7/89 1" 2/0 and double pastel developer. Turns out a beautiful steely silver.

Color touch isn't meant to be mixed with pastel, and there is no need. Color touch emulsion 1.9%.

I was waiting to be reprimanded for that , but it was all I had at the moment and it worked nicely [emoji38]

I was waiting to be reprimanded for that , but it was all I had at the moment and it worked nicely [emoji38]

Totally understandable, but for people just starting out, when we break the rules, I think a caveat is necessary. Sometimes we break the rules, and it's great. But have you tried that formula with 1.9%? I bet it's just as nice. I like to play a little game with myself. Everytime I consider a process, I ask my self if the same results can be achieved in a more gentle way. That's how I learn. So I wasn't saying that to reprimand you.

Totally understandable, but for people just starting out, when we break the rules, I think a caveat is necessary. Sometimes we break the rules, and it's great. But have you tried that formula with 1.9%? I bet it's just as nice. I like to play a little game with myself. Everytime I consider a process, I ask my self if the same results can be achieved in a more gentle way. That's how I learn. So I wasn't saying that to reprimand you.

Totally teasing you. Yes I have and it looked exactly the same.

So I have a client wanting something like this image.jpegimage.jpeg once I've lightened mids and ends I was thinking of using 5/81 for the root drag and a mixture of 7/81 and 9/60 with pastel through the rest. Is this a good shout?

Latest posts

Back