The grey/silver thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you plan on lifting zone one? If so, how light?

Do you plan on lifting zone one? If so, how light?
I don't plan on lifting the root area at all. But lift the ends to about a 10. I contacted Wella today and they said to use 10/69 and 7/81 1:1 ratio

These are my grey formulas. Long hair is vitalities 9/8
Short hair is Schwarzkopf igora Royal half 9,5-22 half 9,5-1 and inch of 0-22
Hope this helps people.
I don't stick with one line of colour I like to try different brands.
Would like to thank all of you for advice.
I'm hairdresser after 13 years I feel I need to refresh my colour theory n this forum has helped, so Thankyou very much xx

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 73
i use paul mitchell colours, id prelighten the haie using a low peroxide definatly not 40. then use a PH balancing shampoo and shampoo it a good 2-3 times with an exceptionally long rinse... i weigh my colours to so from this formula u can make your own sence. i mixed 12/1 ( HLA) 9grams and then 1gram of 2/0 (2N) with a low peroxide 5 vol , definatly no higher then 10 but 5vol will grab more.
you may think its crazy but try it i promise the results are amazing.

image.png
What about this I've tried a slate grey 10/0 with 22/0 but not happy

Or even this colour
image.jpeg

my mind has gone completely blank in this so sorry if im sounding thick! my client has been to previous a previous hair dresser and they have used the 9,5-22 igora royal to tone with. formula im all okay with as this is what i have on my hair but as shes been having this done a few times its started to grab and stay so now its time to do roots again and it hasnt faded to a clean white level 10 am i right in saying i need to remove all the old grey tone before toning again or am i okay to apply the same toner over the top? just trying to work out all my timings as i dont want to be at her house longer than i have to be as i havent even started my christmas shopping!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-13-09-59-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-13-09-59-07.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 149
I used the affinage Infiniti gothic range in 6.117 and got this result on myself, I absolutely loved it, and then to freshen up the colour in between I used the milkshake direct colour in silver and grey[emoji4]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450653060.299405.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450653060.299405.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 169
Just came across this video on YouTube, thought I'd share :) me n the kids thoroughly enjoyed it, do any of you know who this celeb is? We do :)

Just came across this video on YouTube, thought I'd share :) me n the kids thoroughly enjoyed it, do any of you know who this celeb is? We do :)

I think I love him. Who is he?
I want that colour!

Pahah heard of it!
They live and breathe it in my house, he's a youtuber who does those games in his videos, he's quite a nice one to listen to, he's made quite a carrear out of it tbh

They live and breathe it in my house, he's a youtuber who does those games in his videos, he's quite a nice one to listen to, he's made quite a carrear out of it tbh
I was wondering if he was a 'you tuber' I don't get the whole YouTube celebrity thing. I feel so old!
Lads are coming in with pictures of youtubers and I'm like 'who's that'.

Then they look at me like I'm 80...

So I have a client wanting something like this View attachment 192523View attachment 192524 once I've lightened mids and ends I was thinking of using 5/81 for the root drag and a mixture of 7/81 and 9/60 with pastel through the rest. Is this a good shout?
Hiya, my client sent me this picture today! Wondering which colours you ended up going with and how they turned out!

I keep getting asked for this hairstyle and this picture is what they show me lol x

Hiya, my client sent me this picture today! Wondering which colours you ended up going with and how they turned out!
It didn't look the same as the picture, looked like this. image.jpegimage.jpegFrom this image.jpeg was illumina 5/81 pastel on root area then half 7/81 half 10/69 pastel mids and ends. She loved it but washed it once and it ALL came out. Tried colour touch 8/81, that washed back out so I've left her with a grey mousse which she can put in as and when she wants too. Very porous hair unfortunately

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    887.7 KB · Views: 49
I'm going grey right now, started off with 1" level 5 natural root the rest was heavily highlighted with dodgy brass bits in between & leopard spots of 5 2" from root where my extensions had been, lifted using 6% and olaplex all over except the root for half hour, toned with CDC violet (couldn't get my fave 0-11 today :( boo) applied framesi 5SE on roots (wet) taking down onto the demarcation line then 9SE all over rest using extra developer, chose to use a semi because of the porosity. Processed for 20 mins then combed 5 down into 9 for last 10 used olaplex every mixture sat here now with number 2 on, I'll out pics up tomorrow the light is awful in ny house at night, looking good so far tho :)

Soon here's my grey matter dilemma.... [emoji28]
I p/l'ed in sept/oct to level 10 to apply pastels.
Since then she has had to applications of 12.1 by her mam (my client is also a hairdresser)
No she'd like an ashy level 6 fading into grey. My closest suppliers is Capital, however I don't want to spend a fortune on tubes of diff colours as this girl changes her mind a lot!
Any input gratefully received!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452047014.668596.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452047115.673370.jpg

Latest posts

Back