The guilt trip, venting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowsBelle

Reaction score
So I was meant to do a bride on Sunday and regrettably I've had to cancel. I'm suffering with morning sickness, it's so bad I can't keep anything down and my energy levels have been zapped. I've never experienced this before, first pregnancy was a breeze.
Anyway, my client has told me I've ruined her day, how sick am I? Can't be that bad! She said. Well it is, bad enough I'm taking time out of being self employed with bills to be paid!
I haven't left her in the lurch her mothers a hair dresser, and great at hair up. She's made me feel so bad!she was so rude to me Felt bad having to tell her anyway, never had to do this b4. Don't get me wrong didn't expect her to be overjoyed with my situation but jeez. Sorry for the post just needed to get it out 😔

To be honest, if I was her I'd be annoyed too. This is her big day and she's probably really stressed and put a lot into it and I know you can't help being ill but most clients just want your services and they don't care about you personally unless you know them well. Did you suggest anyone to take your place? If I ever have to cancel I absolutely feel terrible and god knows how I'd feel if I had to cancel for someone's wedding but I would never get defensive as at the end of the day it's me that's letting them down. I've heard bananas are good for morning sickness x

I'd be a little annoyed too, but only at the principal and situation, not at you directly. You've given her plenty of notice so don't worry about it. At the end of the day she can still get someone else to do it even if it's her mum; you're the one missing out. Don't sweat it, look after yourself :) x

It's six days until the wedding?

Fully aware it's 6 days away! Been feeling this way a week now, hoped it would settle but it hasn't. Didn't want to risk waiting for the day to come and maybe having to cancel the morning of the wedding! Wanted to give notice rather then risk ruining her day even more! Her mum was originally going to do it, she's a hairdresser too, I was actually styling the same way her mum had done it but hey ho these things happen...

I would be annoyed too. I would have either sorted a replacement or just dealt with it. I'm 27 weeks into my 4th pregnancy and still experiencing morning sickness so I know it's a pain but with 6 days to go I would have gotten through it. Sorry just my opinion, fingers crossed the bride managed to find someone else! Xx

I would be annoyed too. I would have either sorted a replacement or just dealt with it. I'm 27 weeks into my 4th pregnancy and still experiencing morning sickness so I know it's a pain but with 6 days to go I would have gotten through it. Sorry just my opinion, fingers crossed the bride managed to find someone else! Xx

She'll be fine - her original plan was to use her mum anyway!
She needs to put her health first.

Personally, I think you did the right thing. Yes the bride will be annoyed but better to cancel now than on the day. I have suffered with morning sickness throughout my pregnancy and yours and baby's health comes first. X

Thank you ladies xxx

Latest posts

Back