The law re insurance and qualifications.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_n_fluffy0

Reaction score
I always thought you had to be qualified in hair and beauty and have insurance to work. But I keep hearing of people that done and I was wondering where they stand regards the law.

Unfortunately there is no law against setting up as a hairdresser or beauty therapist or nail tech if not qualified, and even if qualified, there is no requirement to have insurance! :(

Anyone who fancies 'having a go' can do just that! Medical therapy such as botox is regulated though.

Thing is, if we were regulated it would squeeze out the messers and allow us properly trained peeps to do our jobs and god forbid, actually make a decent living.

As it stands, we are continually fighting against nss and messers, whether salons, mobile or home techs, and so the trained people lose heart because even if we are using the best products and keeping up with the latest developments in our ongoing training, there are those who see what we do, think it looks easy and they can do it, so go and buy a kit off ebay and start up :mad:

Until there is some kind of regulation in place, there's nothing we can do except be the best we can :(

Xx

OMG I never realised that, thats shocking

As said above ther is no law to force people to qualify or to be insured. If however they were uninsured, be that qualified or not and someone was to sue them for anything they would be sued personally and would be responsible for paying any claim made.

In other words people who are insured have the insurance company to pay out any claims made against them or their business but uninsured people are sued personally and have to pay from their own pocket.

Latest posts

Back