The Loyalty Scheme thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I've had my little business up and running for just over a year now and it's going well.

I have a great client base but you can never be too busy and the last couple of months have been a little slow. I have been thinking about introducing a loyalty scheme of some sort but with so many out there it's hard to know what to go for.

I think I will do a recommend a friend one, makes sense as it has the potential to increase you client base but I would also like to reward my current clients for staying so loyal and I'm not sure whether to reward them with a freebie, a percentage off (maybe a new treatment to get them hooked on that?) or a retail item?

What do you?

What have you found works and what doesn't?

I'd love your help.

Thankyou

:)

I have stamps for every £10 they spend on retail, once the card is full they can have a mini facial, mini manicure or tan.

Also do one for spray tans, 6th one is free.

I used to do £5 off your 6th treatment but was getting rediculous when clients were having a stamp for a brow wax then a stamp for a lip wax so walking away with a card with 2 stamps on in 1 appointment!

I now do a FREE shellac service on your 11th shellac, my clients go mad for this and it creates regular loyalty! Also its only a one colour shellac for the free service so they tend to 'upgrade' to glitter and nail art for an extra charge anyways. Or they get toes done too so you still get a small contributuion :)

I was worried about the thought of multiple stamping per visit when it comes to waxing.

Thanks for the imput so far.

It'll be great to see what everyone comes up with.

I do 10% off their 6th treatment. At christmas I do a raffle to raise money for a charity close to my heart, clients get a treat if they win and some clients even sell raffle tickets for me so a chance to make a potential new client. I'm also doing a share and like link on Facebook to win a treatment, again maybe a treat for current clients, free advertising and potential to make new clients. :)

I do one stamp per visit, no matter how much they spend but some places have a minimum spend :)

Yes put a little bit on the back of the card saying a minimum spend and one stamp per appointment...or i saw one the other day that said max one stamp a day!

Here's my loyalty card. They get a date stamp every time they spend £20 or more in one transaction, no matter how many treatments they have x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363811591.530907.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363811591.530907.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 752
We do one stamp per day.
I'm going to put minimum spend next time too and alter it to £5 off rater than 10% so they can't use it on the most expensive service xoxo

My clients get a stamp whenever they spend over £10. (So one stamp per appointment, as long as the total is over £10.)

When they get 10 stamps the card turns into a £10 voucher and they can use it on any treatment they like xx

Here's mine!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363812837.303817.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363812837.303817.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 673
I like the idea of the stamp per visit and after 10 you get a £10 voucher.

I'd like to try to get my existing clients trying new things. If all of my Shellac ladies had a monthly facial or something I'd be laughing :lol: what do you guys have for that?

We also have a recommend a friend going too x

Does anyone else notice they "go missing" quite often?
Do you start from scratch or backdate them for the client? Xoxo

Personally I think I would say if they lost it they would have to start again....

I don't want to be going through months worth of appointments!

Maybe I am just mean though!

Personally I think I would say if they lost it they would have to start again....

I don't want to be going through months worth of appointments!

Maybe I am just mean though!

I've back dated for clients I know would genuinely throw out the old one, but some I start again with. Don't fancy the idea some could do me down.
Xoxo

I have seen one before which went like this:

1 stamp per visit (over £20)

5 stamps= File and polish
10 stamps = Pedicure
15 stamps = Luxe pedi

Something along those lines anyway. I thought it was good, would certainly get the clients coming back BUT would we be losing out on it?

Mine is 1 stamp per treatment over £20 and 10 stamps gives them a £10 voucher against treatments or retail.

I also have a refer a friend scheme where the friend and my existing client get £5 off a treatment. I got new vouchers designed by the lovely Carl at verve and they arrived yesterday. I've already had a booking from them so that's paid for the design work and the printing!

If they lose it then tuff luck in my salon.. We do these things to encourage customer loyalty and as a thank you for being loyal. If they can't be bothered to put it somewhere safe then it's their loss x

Carl will definitely be designing mine!

Along with everything else he has already done for me!

Do you think it's worth having it redeemable against retail?

Do you specify that the £10 voucher can only be used on treatments of a certain value?

Latest posts

Back