The Loyalty Scheme thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we have just scrapped our old scheme, and gone with this.....

If you rebook on the day, and come back within 4 weeks you get 10% off! This has been amazing!! :wink2:

Yes it's a big discount every time , but they remain loyal, and don't say 'I'll ring you when I've looked at my diary' no booking on the day, no discount. We can also keep our prices reasonable without cheapening ourselves. Our regulars love it, and we love to reward our regulars, they are worth it :Love:

Hth xx

If you rebook on the day, and come back within 4 weeks you get 10% off! This has been amazing!! :wink2:

Yes it's a big discount every time , but they remain loyal, and don't say 'I'll ring you when I've looked at my diary' no booking on the day, no discount. We can also keep our prices reasonable without cheapening ourselves. Our regulars love it, and we love to reward our regulars, they are worth it :Love:

Hth xx

That is interesting. I'm not sure I could justify 10% off everytime for my Shellac ladies though, twice a month and all that, do you offer it for every treatment? And do you have a policy saying you have to stick to the date you have booked?

Yes we do, and of course there are terms and conditions with that. In my opinion, it's us rewarding our precious repeat clients, and this generates referrals and very happy clients! 10% isn't much as long as you price your treatments appropriately. Our treatments are not cheap, so we can justify to keep content clients, everyone loves a deal where they feel special.

It's not for every salon owner, but it works for me :wink2:

I like it, if it gains you loyalty then fab :)

I think I am going to do a stamp per visit.

10 stamps equals a £10 which can be spent on retail or a treatment.

I just need to figure out how much to say before you get a stamp. I was thinking £10 but I think I may go for £15?

What do you think?

I think my recommend a friend will be 25% off per person recommended, and for the friend. How do you keep track though? Always give cards out?

Hth xx

Hi Holistic,

I love this idea for getting clients to rebook. Most of my clients prefer to ring the week of their appointment, so my book always looks quite empty until the Tuesday morning, when the phone starts going crazy, lol.

What do you do if a client rebooks, but then rings up and changes the date or the time? Do you honour it as long as it is within the month or do you make it so that if you move the appointment you lose the discount?

Many thanks,
Kayleigh xx

I'm in the process of phasing my original loyalty cards out and replacing them.

I did have get one stamp per shellac , gel or l&p and the 6th was a free one. It's bit me in the backside as I've had a few days where I've worked 12 hours and they have all been freebies, to top it off I'm mobile so travelling for nothing too. :(. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for every client and booking but I can't work like that for nothing.

Now I'm just waiting for some new cards with 10 stamps and get £10 off. This way at least I am getting something after driving 30 minutes.

I am still honouring the cards that are half way through then clients will get the new ones.

The ladies I have told so far have been ok with it and understand hopefully the rest will too.

Vicki x

There's fierce competition in my town so the loyalty scheme works well. I've been giving free gel nails for every 6th overlay, and have been amazed how well it works, but I too have had weeks when all I seem to do is a freebie, so I Will be changing the scheme at some point, but people love a freebie and with fierce competition around I feel a freebie is necessary.

Hi there,

Yes if they ring and bring it forwards, that is fine. If they cancel or put it back they lose the discount. You do need to be quite firm, by my word it's effective!! Everyone rebooks to get the 10% discount :wink2:

Hth? Xx

Oh my gosh I'm loving this thread :D

Just a bump to pick more brains!

I am stuck on whether to offer a stamp per visit = A VOUCHER

OR

Have x amounte and the xth one is free/half price!

The biggest thing I do is Shellac. I charge £25 which is right for y area but I know more people would have it more often if they had a little more money, hence toying with the Xth one free idea.

Thoughts...

Just a bump to pick more brains!

I am stuck on whether to offer a stamp per visit = A VOUCHER

OR

Have x amounte and the xth one is free/half price!

The biggest thing I do is Shellac. I charge £25 which is right for y area but I know more people would have it more often if they had a little more money, hence toying with the Xth one free idea.

Thoughts...

Personally I'd do it after a certain spend and I'd offer a voucher for x amount off said treatment or to use against a retail product.

My reasoning behind it is you could end up doing a whole day or week of free treatments so that's no money in for your business.

Xx

I am really torn between loyalty cards and the keep your booking you get a discount idea. I cant do both because that seems silly, I'd not be making any money! I think that people would be more likely to actually rebook if they get a discount... but I like the idea of the loyalty card too. Pros and cons?

I am really torn between loyalty cards and the keep your booking you get a discount idea. I cant do both because that seems silly, I'd not be making any money! I think that people would be more likely to actually rebook if they get a discount... but I like the idea of the loyalty card too. Pros and cons?

For me personally I'd be more likely to book with a loyalty scheme rather than a discount every time. Discount everytime would have me thinking what's going.on that means the salon/therapist needs to discount everytime.

In a way both are loyalty schemes really but as a client I'd prefer the loyalty card xx

Here's mine. For every £10 they spent they get a stamp so if they spent £30 3 stamps etc then once it's full they get a voucher which is £10 off over £30 and can only been used against treatments they have 6 months to use them. Also I don't back date there loyalty card as did this once and the person in question took the p**s, so never done it since. This works well for me and has been in place for about 2 years now.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365092296.898871.jpg

Kirsty

Here's mine. For every £10 they spent they get a stamp so if they spent £30 3 stamps etc then once it's full they get a voucher which is £10 off over £30 and can only been used against treatments they have 6 months to use them. Also I don't back date there loyalty card as did this once and the person in question took the p**s, so never done it since. This works well for me and has been in place for about 2 years now.

View attachment 31861

Kirsty

How many stamps before they get a voucher?

:)

all the idea's are great, my only contribution is that maybe the loyalty card could be kept with clients record card, maybe that would help to control 'lost' cards.

Guessing 15 as its 15 spaces for stamps

Ah is that on the pic? Can't see it on my phone!

Kepping it with the record card is a good idea, what does everyone else think?

Also if you out this on the reverse of your appointment card it will encourage them to reuse there card to put there appointments on thus costing you less money getting cards printed :)

I use a points system on Unisalons I give them 2 points for each dollar spent then I code each item that its worths so many points they can save the points or spend them to reduce the bill.

I'd rather clients kept their cards so if they are irregular regulars (if you know what I mean) - they're more likely to find the card in their bag and then book in. I do have a few religiously regular clients who've asked me to keep their cards so I have.

You can always keep a tally of points/stickers etc they have just in case.

Latest posts

Back