The new Shellac collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't got the star struck colours yet but how about trying Hotski?

If you put a colour beneath, how many layers of Starstruck are you talking about?
And how many if you didn't?

I've found it varies with the shade I'm using and how much coverage one coat gives.

If I use the magenta mischief under butterfly queen example:
Working in shellac or vinylux:
Base + 2x MagMis + 2x BQ + top coat

If you are using a very pale background colour potentially you might need to do 3 coats but it is worth getting that bit right first.
If the client only wants a gentle glittering then only one glitter layer needed.

Removal of plain colour plus glitter is a lot easier than removing lots of glitter layers especially in vinylux! [emoji16]

I'm the same, still not mega impressed, but is it because we all love a bit of glitter? And been spoilt using our lecenté!
Definitely thicker too! Use so much so quickly, however if I use a good base colour I find one colour base and one glittery coat...eg butterfly queen or the newbies! At least that way they last, and clients don't go away with thick looking nails!

I love looking at nails whilst driving and seeing the dazzle of glitter in the sunlight makes me feel like a superhero

I love looking at nails whilst driving and seeing the dazzle of glitter in the sunlight makes me feel like a superhero
I completely understand how you feel. I can't stop looking at my winter-night nails and showing them off, they've turned out so marvellous after I cleaned them.
But the acrylic set is growing out now and I'll have to replace them soon. :confused:
Why, oh why didn't I do a proper infill instead of just a colour change? :mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts

Back