The official make-up kit thread .. what's in yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how exciting!!!
what products did you look at?
keep umming and ahhhing about artdeco, think i enquired before but a rep wouldnt do a home visit in the south - might call them again in case this has now changed
what are their lippies like? if i buy anything from them it will prob be lipsitcks, got all i need other than that

Hi, really sorry about that. We have representation in the south and stockists even as far south as Torquay, Cornwall etc.

We started at Professional Beauty at London Excel in Feb and just did London Olympia Beauty as well. We will be back at the next Professional Beauty Excel with our biggest exhibition display ever, very excited...

We are at Professional Beauty North in Manchester next weekend.

Where are you based?

MUA Artdeco xxx

So I have started out on photoshoots now and want to make my kit more professional .

I basically have £200 I've saved and dint know what to spend it on as I have so much I want and that amount barely touches the sides.
What I use at the moment is
Primer - benefit
Conealer - elf palettes
Foundation - elf flawless face
Powder - elf hd powder
Cheeks - la femme and ones from my training kit sbc and s Color
Eyes - I'd naked palette, sbc/s Color ,
Sleek and elf palettes and Barry m for fun stuff
Liners - Avon supershock , estee Lauder double wear liner and sbc
Lips - all different from Rimmel , sbc, mua, and have some bare eventual glosses.
Brushes I have are mainly crown.

So where do I spend the money as you can see every element needs upgrading, so where to start????

Well this is my opinion on building a kit on a small budget.

Think about what you will earn out of it. OK so you may just want to do photoshoots or runway but are they paying you money at the moment? If you are just starting your career in make-up then probably no. What will pay is bridal so work on building your kit around this e.g. Good foundation, correctors, concealers, highlighter, neutral tone eye shadow, some decent blusher and lippy etc.

For photoshoots it does not matter about the longevity of a product like eyeshadow as you can touch it up between shoots so you can use anything really but the sleek palettes from superdrug will get you by for a long time and are really cheap.

Then you can just add to your kit as you go but foundation and concealers to cover all skin types and shades is probably where I would start.

I hope this helps. X

Which brand would you recommend foundation wise. I've heard a lot about mac face and body, but also been advised it can separate if not used quicky enough.
Mufe, and illamasqua skin base.
I obviously can't buy every shade at the moment, so is it best to buy every second or third shade and mix??

I mostly use Chanel Pro Lumier, Diorskin Forever and MAC Face & Body. Never had any problem with it separating? Get a light and dark shade of whichever brand you choose then mix them until you can buy more shades. x

loving the treads i use dermalogica foundation an my main range is sothys as i love the fact the ingredients in all their products are ingredients you'll find in skincare products like my fave is there eye contour conclear. As it hydrates my eyes aswell as making my eye make up say the true colour an dont fade the colours and 2ndly there multi dimensional mascara cos it thickens curls an lengthens an when i started using it after my lashes where damaged from waterproof loreal. The protein in sothys mascara have really strenghtened my lashes an there alot more glossy shine an when i wear it my clients always ask am i wearing false eyelashes which i got there my own!! :Grope: i still use sum of my mac but not that often.

Hi geeks,
I'm booked to do a bride and her mum's wedding make up, the trial is on Friday. The problem is I have no make up!! I only started up in August, and hadn't got round to starting my kit yet. I have a budget of around £120, what products should I get to start with, that I can get in a hurry. Advice needed asap, thanks xx

I love this thread!!!!

I'm getting married in April, I'm doing my own makeup. Can anyone give me some good advice/tips or products to use for my big day??

Any advice will be much appreciated!!!!

X

Any brides I do love the urban decay naked palette for eyeshadow colours. All really beautiful.

I love this thread!!!!

I'm getting married in April, I'm doing my own makeup. Can anyone give me some good advice/tips or products to use for my big day??

Any advice will be much appreciated!!!!

X

dont use a foundation with an spf or powder with spf! as it will cause a white cast in photos xx

I love love love new CID makeup it is stunning I use there i- shadow in morrocco on brides and the compact shimmer is just beautiful it's called i glow in sirocco really gorgeous oh also benefit high beam as well :)

Kat xoxox

Thank you for you fab advice!!! Any more tips :)

Where can I get these products from? Xx

Which brand would you recommend foundation wise. I've heard a lot about mac face and body, but also been advised it can separate if not used quicky enough.
Mufe, and illamasqua skin base.
I obviously can't buy every shade at the moment, so is it best to buy every second or third shade and mix??

face & Body is great as it's really natural but buildable. Also, they do a white, which I find is an absolute must for any kit!

:sad:
I mostly use Chanel Pro Lumier, Diorskin Forever and MAC Face & Body. Never had any problem with it separating? Get a light and dark shade of whichever brand you choose then mix them until you can buy more shades. x

Do you know that Pro Lumiere is discontinued? I'm looking forward to trying the replacement though, heard mixed views on it so far.

Thank you for you fab advice!!! Any more tips :)

Use a really good primer - face, lips and eyes, to make sure that everything lasts all day.

Latest posts

Back