*The Official Wimbledon Thread*

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Thank goodness - after just over a week of football we now have an alternative sport to watch on the box. Great!
Who saw the Federer match today? what I thought would be a predictable 1-2 hour, 3 set match turned into a thriller. Never heard of Falla before today, but he played brilliantly.
Then in the evening it's always reassuring and entertaining to see former tennis greats like John McEnroe and Tracey Austin (always immaculately groomed- wonder who does her nails while she's in London?) discussing the day's play with John Inverdale. Hope it's Pat Cash or Borris Becker tomorrow. . . .
Shame it only lasts two weeks and not a month like the footie.

Must admit I'm glad to see Wimbledon is on. Have watched it ever since I can remember and I'm only 26!

I too saw the Federer match and thought it would be a quick 3 sets to him but was really surprised it went to the 5 sets. Good on Falla, even though 'd never heard of him. Pity about his groin injury, maybe he could have gone all of the way?

I caught the tail end of the Murray matchand he is well on form - lets hope he keeps it up! x:D

I love Wimbledon! I look forward to it every year, sadly i work mon-fri so miss most of it. My money's on Rafa though!

Yep, good to see Nadal back after being injured this time last year and not playing at Wimbledon. Wonder if it will be a Nadal/Federer final again?
Did anyone see that guy doing record breaking serves this evening? His fastest was 143mph . . . ( can't remember his name though )

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CONTINUATION OF THE ISNER/MAHUT MATCH TOMORROW!!
What an epic!
They should sleep well tonight after all that effort. Isner looked like the living dead by the time he came off court. Hope he had a good steak dinner and a couple of beers when he got home . . .

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CONTINUATION OF THE ISNER/MAHUT MATCH TOMORROW!!
What an epic!
They should sleep well tonight after all that effort. Isner looked like the living dead by the time he came off court. Hope he had a good steak dinner and a couple of beers when he got home . . .

I couldn't believe that those two guys were playing the game constantly so long - they both are winners - AMAZING!

And now they've walked straight into the history books. Fantastic!
I missed the finish of the match as I was working, but the last I saw Mahut was off playing doubles. OMG, hats off to him!
And BTW - the Queen missed a treat by having to be at Centre Court instead of court 18, bet she wasn't impressed . . . .

I tend to watch wimbledon in the second week when things get exciting lol.

Those poor two though that had such a long match. I mean its great that they made history but will be thoroughly knackered for the rest of the competition.

And BTW - the Queen missed a treat by having to be at Centre Court instead of court 18, bet she wasn't impressed . . . .

I would have loved the Queen to have watched Isner/Mahut game - they deserved a Royal audience but I am sure the Queen would have been proud and pleased to have watched Murray sail through to the next round!;)

I haven't seen Murray play yet, the record breaking match overshadowed his game yesterday - but must try and catch him playing next week as I have time off.
I loved Tracey Austin's outfit tonight on Wimbledon round-up, wonder where she got the dress?

OMG!!! Federer is out! You could tell his heart wasn't in it this year when he lost the first 2 sets of his opening match on day1. About time i think though, yes he is a legend but move over Roger!! Lets hope its Andy's year this year! GO ON ANDY!!!:p:p

Nearly crashed when I heard that on the radio.

Nearly crashed when I heard that on the radio.

I couldn't believe it!!!

Murray vs Nadal in Fridays semi final....EEEEK!!!! I love them both!

Is that what it is? I haven't had a chance to watch any this year. :( Working the day job then mobile at night. Any idea what time the final is on Friday?

Is that what it is? I haven't had a chance to watch any this year. :( Working the day job then mobile at night. Any idea what time the final is on Friday?

No not yet, i'm hoping later rather than earlier as i'm working til 5:30pm :rolleyes:

xx

Rafa won't be an easy opponent, but Murray has played him 4 times and won 2, which isn't a bad record. He'll never have a better chance to win the title, so I will be cheering him on all the way. Come on Andy, give Britain some sporting pride back (oh, and smile occasionally).

Latest posts

Back