The Perfect Facial?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facials

Reaction score
Hey Girls! (And guys!)

My idea of the perfect facial is:

1) Cleanse
2) Exfoliate
3) Steam
4) Thourough Extractions (using needle where necessary) - IMHO the client should leave the salon with zero blackheads & whiteheads left in their skin
5) Calming mask
6) Mini facial massage and moisturiser

Let me know what you think! I'm trying to design the perfect facial :)

Thank you!

Tara

Are you a beauty therapist? Your profile states that you are not a beauty geek. Perhaps if you could provide us with a little more information, we can help you.

Thanks and welcome to Salon Geek.

Hi Mrs.Clooney,

Well, I'm planing to open my own salon soon and I want to decide on the perfect facial before I do so. Everyone seems to have different ideas on what it is, and I'd like to consider them all. Sorry, I haven't got round to filling out my profile yet.

It would also be interesting to know what equipment people think is required for the perfect facial :) Does anyone actually use the magnifine bit in the magnifine light?

Thanks,

Tara

Can I just add something from my point of view not everyone likes steaming or extractions. I really hate both and would never have a facial if they were included. So you may want to think of providing a range of facials that do and don't incorporate them. Also you need to think about which products you are using that really is a big part of your facial package. Just a thought!

Great idea Minxy! Thanks, I will do this ;)

Glad to be of help. I've been sorting out my facials along with other treatments I wish to offer but I've been very very lucky as I've had help from someone whose been in the industry for 14 years and his expertise is second to none. x

@MinxyMoo Great, well, any more tips you can offer would be much appreciated. How do clients tend to react to the use of needles for example?

Thanks again - Tara

HI Facials - have you trained with needles? If you did, how did your clients react?

I would say there is no such thing as a perfect facial that is perfect for everyone. Unlike minxymoo I love the steam part of a facial, but rarely need any extraction.

What treatments are you qualified in? Maybe you could bring in some other qualifications into your facials. If your client is having a mask treatment some therapists offer hand/arm massages or foot and leg massage and some do a shortened Indian Head Massage... All these small touches are what you can do to make the facial treatment more personal.

Have you trained in facials? just asking as I dont know anyone who does the mask before massaging?

For me the perfect facial is the massage,and the way that a therapist can really use her or his hands in massage is very important.Drainage masaage is heavenly,however any form of massage in facials are beneficial.I have seen clients skin transform from lack luster to luster in minutes from massage.:)

Steaming and extraction is something i have always shyed away from.I have relies and depended on aromatherapy and products that deliver to get the end result i want.using hot towels from a hot cabbi is always a bonus,and if you can invest in one it woould reap the benefits:idea:

I wouldnt let anyone near me with a needle or a microlance i don't believe there to be many people qualified enough or careful enough to be doing those sorts of extractions.Come to think of it i wouldn't trust anyone getting my blackheads out ive seen too many broken veins and holes in skin from rough extraction treatment its not something to be doing willy nilly.

Re needles, if anyone tried to put a needle near my face I'd be up and out of there never to return. I don't care how qualified they are, how experienced they are, no way would I let someone do that to me:eek:
For the rest, most companies offer or insist the therepist has product training so the perfect facial will depend on, the product line being used and the facial that is prescribed for that client.
Who's products are you intending to stock?

Hi Mrs.Clooney,
Well, I'm planing to open my own salon soon and I want to decide on the perfect facial before I do so. Everyone seems to have different ideas on what it is, and I'd like to consider them all. Sorry, I haven't got round to filling out my profile yet.
It would also be interesting to know what equipment people think is required for the perfect facial :) Does anyone actually use the magnifine bit in the magnifine light?
Thanks,
Tara

Hi Tara,
Are you opening a salon as a business person or as a beauty therapist?
If you can please take 2 mins to fill out your profile, it will be very helpful & you will probably then get more ideas & answers.
What product range are you using in your facials? x

Latest posts

Back