The Rudeness!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myle83

Reaction score
The place I use to go to get my nails done, was not far from another nail bar. What I noticed was, that everytime I was in there, numerous people would come in from the other nailbar & complain.. The many times I was there, I heard complaints such as:

" She cut my skin round the edges & it bled but she didnt clean it up & just kept on doing what she was doing"

" He didnt talk english and didnt do what I wanted"

" They did it really fast 25mins for a full set"

"The man left me sat there waiting as he went to have a cigarette outside. Then came in, DIDNT wash his hands & started straight away"

"No-one spoke much english"

And to top it off... the best one of all:--

The lady said she wanted to just have a manicure, she told how the man cut her nails right down, some not even the same length, starting shaping the nail and started to add tips on. When she told him it wasnt what she wanted and was wrong, he HANDED her the nail file & told her "If you think you can do it better, DO IT YOURSELF"

I never went down there, even when my regular place moved, I refused to never go down there & go somewhere else.

How do these places stay open?

Hi ya,
They stay open because..................
No one complains to the official departments and people are going back lol.....they think they are getting a bargain......yea right and I am a size 8 lol..........
Sounds very NSS to me xxx

It's so annoying though. That a place as bad as that, still is up and running and continuing to ruin people's nails!

I think alot of it comes down to the fact,that people dont know where/who to complain too.. etc...

It's so frustrating. I have to drive past one of these 'nail bars' on a regular basis & they are always busy, clients sat waiting in for their turn & stylishly furnished. They do appear on the surface to be the full package which is half the appeal I think.

I know lots of people who have had their nails done there & all I can praise them for is their nail art, it really is very good. Other than that I tell them to steer clear of the place. They know I do nails so if they don't ask me then that's their choice but I do try & educate them as best I can.

i find it so hard to believe that people go back to these places. Whatever happened to 'once bitten , twice shy' The fact that they file your cuticle and thats the part you can see, imagine whats going on under the enhancement. I used to have a lady come to me who used an NSS. She moved to the area and wanted a new tech, she used to go 4 weeks at the NSS without infills and complained when i said i liked my clients to have them done 2 weekly. Eventually i lost her to another girl who was happy to do her nails for peanuts, but you know what they say..... If you pay peanuts and get Monkies!!!

hi hun, these places are just unproffessional rude, untrained/badley trained, and need to be shut down, if these people complain then maybe the council might sit up and listen and shut them down!

where abouts in kent u from hun! just being nosey!!!:D

There are at least 8 of these salons in Bristol and that's just the city centre ones I know of (and Bristol ain't that big), they're now springing up in the suburbs so there are probably many more.

It's sad but true that the public simply aren't educated enough in the business of nails to know that what they are getting there is a bum deal......reminds me, where's Sassy's artilce...I'm gonna finish it off and get it off to the local rags.

Cathie, I was just thinking the same thing. I have a big gap tomorrow so I am going to use it contructively and get onto the local rags and see if I can make a difference. The trouble is people don't know what constitutes a good and bad nail salon and so they need to be educated in the matter, I'll let you know how I get on in Fabbie's original thread - so wish me luck!!

One of my clients told me today that she had been and looked at the new salon 2 guys have just opened .... big and pink and neon SUPANAILS (shop that is not the blokes, well I think anyway lol) and a whole £20 per set!!! how do they do it? pay product and shop costs and make money?? I hate it when they open you just know some of your clients are gonna go there ... jsut hope they come back too .... they are in a good position though argh!
If I am gonna keep training (Which I am) and improving myself and we know that aint cheap (I know its worth it) there is no way that I could or even want to charge £20

Many of my clients who have had bad experiences at our local nss have complained to Trading Standards..........guess what they have done?? thats right..........NOTHING.

clare

Have they just phoned Health and Safety and Trading Standards Offices up or have they actually submitted pictures,doctors notes and logged a written cpmplaint ????
I know that here in London, if you just phone they make a note of the call, and wait for more to come together.......but if you format and submit a full written complain they do act !!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I didnt realise it was so common!

LuckyBird21 Im normally based @ SevenOaks! Know it?
However my Bf lives in Guildford! Such a long trek, so end up staying there half the time!

But... when Health & Safety go to these places, how do they pass?
If they are as bad as they are?!

One of these salons has just opened up around the corner from me, I have never seen anything like it it looks cheesy and tacky with neon lights desks from a manufacturer that I know supplies MMA liquid, drills on desks, they had masks on too.

Full sets £20 so I know it must be MMA, i have been in to ask what products they use and they asked me to name manufacturers as they didnt know any lol

If any clients come to me from this salon I will be taking pictures etc and reporting them to the official departments.

Jue xxx

Im dreading one of these places opening near me. At the moment im in the clear but know it only a matter of time b4 they will appear. My customers will defo try, they never buy products and are always looking 4 bargains!!

so do people who use drills normally from NSS places??????

What do people use here? Also, I thought that wearing a mask was a good thing? Dust etc?

What do people use here? Also, I thought that wearing a mask was a good thing? Dust etc?

Well I'm confused here...I'm a newbie ( still a student and learning as much as I can) and I thought that using a mask would give an impression of cleanliness and would be healthy for the tech too.
icon_exclaim.gif

Also, how about drills? Are these a complete no no?
icon_eek.gif
What's the effect on nails, why should I use or not a drill? I have heard people say they like it better cause it's faster. Any advise is greatly appreciated cause I wouldn't want to waste any money investing on a drill if I shouldn't be using it, especially since I'm only starting on this.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks a bunch girls!

myle83 said:

No babe, using an e-file and wearing a mask is not an indication if NSS..........
Poor standard, poor sanitisation, poor client skill....those are NSS indications....

Hiya all,

B4 i started doing nails i went to a nss salon/shop/hovel...and the men had enhancements on their thumb nail and filed it to a point and this is what they used to push back my cuiticle !!!! lovely...i asked for gel nails and he pulled out a pot of powder with the word GEL hand written on it and then said "dry dry" as he instructed me to put my nails under a normal desk lamp. He then airbrushed white tips followed with clear something or other and then put my hands under a uv strip light. Notice NO mention of sanatisation as their was none and he didnt speak english so he also never asked me any questions regarding my nails or problems i may have. Why did i go there in the first place .....cos i didnt know any better, i hadnt done any training then and was just an ordinary customer, i am sure that if everyone (non Proffesionals) new the risks they wouldnt go. I do try to tell people i meet about the risks but it appears they want cheep nails instead of prof nails. shame..

myle83 said:
Oh my gosh! I didnt realise it was so common!

LuckyBird21 Im normally based @ SevenOaks! Know it?
However my Bf lives in Guildford! Such a long trek, so end up staying there half the time!

But... when Health & Safety go to these places, how do they pass?
If they are as bad as they are?!
my mum and dad are from sevenoaks!

Latest posts

Back