The shakes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy_Lu

Reaction score
Hi geeks.

I'm having such a problem with the shakes at the moment 😞 It's only started recently and it's one of those things that the more I notice it, the worse and more frequent it gets!

I actually sit there having a pep talk with myself in my head when it happens lol.

My finished result is still neat but I just think it looks really unprofessional to be shaking. Sorry if this all sounds ridiculous but it's becoming such an issue in my head (catch 22 I know) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips?

Thanks xx

Simple cure - exhale. Breathing out is important. Before you start with your client do one long breath out. Then, if you shake during the service tell yourself to breathe out. It works a charm!

Could be your sugar levels? You would have to talk with your dr though. I've always had the shakes..it's so annoying when you're working with lines or doing detailed work. Argh. Seems to help a little if I eat something though.

I feel for you:hug: I was in the exact same situation when I first started I felt like it was ruining everything. I even posted a similar thread. Now a while later after alot of practice I dont shake anymore! Im more relaxed about what Im doing so dont fret this shaking won't last forever. You could be just anxious.
The gas thing was back then when I was going through this when my friends and me were having a few drinks I would polish their nails and do their make up and it would be the best I ever did. Not because of beer goggles I hope ha ha but because I was relaxed.xxx

Rescue Remedy from the chemist works really well :cool:

Same for me, I posted to and got loads of advice like the posts above. I have def got better but still get anxious sometimes with people I don't know but I have more confidence in my abilities now and its happening less and less. Hang in there.:biggrin::biggrin:

I feel for you, I battled it for months after separating from my ex, I was a complete bag of nerves n constantly trembled.
I found deep, deeeep breathing before starting the nails worked for me, during, if I noticed it coming back, I'd just take a couple of minutes out n do it again.
Good luck x

Thanks for the advice/support everyone 😊 I think I'm going to try eating little and often throughout the day and cutting down on teas and coffees. And some breathing before clients arrive too. And just hope it gets better in time. It's kind of like people that blush easily! Once they notice they're prone to it all they have to do is think about it and they blush! Xx

Rescue Remedy from the chemist works really well :cool:

Lol! I have tried this spray! Don't you think it tastes like whiskey?
A shot should do it! ;) x

Crickey, make sure you have a mint straight after. Your clients will think you've got sn alcohol problem and that's why you're shaking. If you're then smelling of whiskey it's not going to look good!

Breathe......:biggrin:

I am so bad for the shakes but it runs in my family and my clients always notice it even my boss when I do her nails its dreadful!! I find caffine and sugary drinks do not help my cause at all so stay away from them! also not eating doesn't help. and in regards to the rescue remedy I have used that before and to me its like eating a flower, but you can get other herbal stress related meds like St John Wart, I took that all the way through my gcses and had no trouble with anixety or stress, so maybe try that. hope this helps but I do know how you feel and its even worse when clients comment on it!

I get the shakes from lack of food, lack of sugar or even lack of salt. Hard to know which one is the reason so I eat a biscuit or two and have a packet of crisps with a drink. Usually sorts it!

I have this problem too, but it's a side effect of some medication that I have to take. When I get the jitters I mention it first, and then I calm down a bit and it does ease off somewhat. I'll be trying some of the above tips myself. Hopefully they'll help you too :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back