The Weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptivateHair

Reaction score
I very recently learned how to do the weave. (I have done pre bonded and micro ring for almost 2 years)

Im wondering what other weave technicians use while carrying out their weaves. I was taught to use wool rather than the hair fibre? I've had no complaints, and all of the ones I have carried out so far have held up really well. But I would like to know and maybe test out some new ways :)

Wool to add into the braid? Never heard of that...

It's always wool I have put into my braid when having a weave xx

Hmm, I've always done it with synthetic braiding hair. I've heard of wool sensitivities, so I don't think id try it personally. The wool doesn't felt into the hair when wet down?

Wool to add into the braid? Never heard of that...

I found it strange at first but its very good, actually.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm, I've always done it with synthetic braiding hair. I've heard of wool sensitivities, so I don't think id try it personally. The wool doesn't felt into the hair when wet down?

No it doesnt felt.into the hair :) it dries off as normal with the hair.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why are you needing to add wool or synthetic hair into the braids? Is it to lengthen the hair while braiding? I'm asking this as I am Afro trained & do lots of weave the only time I add hair to braids is if the natural hair needs lengthening. I do Afro & European weave but never usually need to add to European hair.

I was told it adds strength to the braid for the weft to then be added onto it x

Latest posts

Back