There is a hole under my nail?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbie25

Reaction score
hi everyone,

ive done a search for this and cant seem to find anything so was wondering if anyone could help...here goes...

i was infilling my nails today and noticed that my there is what looks like an air bubble under my acrylic, on closer inspection i found its actually my natural nail that has come away from my nail bed, there is a a big "hole" if you look down the barrel of the nail. its not sore or green and it seems very clean but was wondering what could have caused this ive never seen it before and what can i do to stop it becoming infected, thanks in advance xxxx

Ive seen this before on toes and its usually if they have banged there toes quite hard or dropped something on them or if they are walkers and have ill fitting hiking shoes. ive never seen it on hands before just a suggestion tho! have u banged your hands on anything? x

that sounds as if its onycholysis.
its when the naiil plate has become derailed from the nail bed.
is generally caused by trauma, that could be because you have banged the nail or possibly overfiled.
it will grow out if you are careful not to exacerbate the problem. keep the nail short and make sure you keep it clean and dry.
dropping a little tea trea oil down the hole daily will make sure no infection gets in and then it wont turn into a greeny.

this is exactly what i had few months ago, i noticed these 'holes' on 4 or 5 fingers, soaked the set off (might have been better leaving them on, in hindsight, but was advsied to remove so i did)

they have fully repaired themselves now, but it took 2 months of constant solar oil and filing length off to avoid aggrevating the onycholysis,

try plenty of solar oil to nourish the nail bed and id say the most important thing is length, keep it short so you dont catch it and derail the nail any further hun

hths xxxx

the others have said it does sound like onycholysis, I have a client who loves her nails long, mega long, she has this on a couple of her nails, every re-balance appointment I say I am going to file the length down, she always says no, they are fine the way they are etc etc etc !

She came last week, after not having an appointment for 6 weeks, they were so long, I just said she has to have the length reduced as it is seriously aggrivating her onycholisis. She listened this time, thankgod!

Id say keep the length very short and plenty of solar oil!

xxxxxx

thanks everyone, ill just have to keep them shorter from now on! xx

oh yes and do that lol! ive noticed today it has got worse...i hope im not going to loose my nail! xx

Latest posts

Back