THICK FLAT ACRYLICS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdanzine

Reaction score
Hi All

I hope someone can help

I'm having 3 problems at the moment;

:( The first is I can't seem to perfect the C Curve. Once I have applied my acrylic and start filing the nail starts to look flat. Can anyone give me tips on applying the acrylic and/or filing?

:( The second one is that I think my enhancements are too thick. I seem to have more trouble with clients who want shorter nails. How thin can the acrylic safely go? Also I use a Creative Pro Styler brush. I think this is too big for me. Any suggestions?

:( The lid on my gel bond is stuck on. I know it's pretty daft but how can I get it off!

Looking forward to your responses......................................

Merry Christmas & A Prosperous New Year

sdanzine said:
I'm having 3 problems at the moment;

:( The first is I can't seem to perfect the C Curve. Once I have applied my acrylic and start filing the nail starts to look flat. Can anyone give me tips on applying the acrylic and/or filing?

Try this: Take an egg (yes an ordinary egg) and with a crayon, colour in half the egg. Now take a soft buffer and file off the colour. In order to do this evenly you have to move your wrist whilst filing and follow the curve of the egg, otherwise all you get is little white patches all over the egg. Now ... use this same technique when you file the enhancement. Keep your wrist turning right and left when you file .. going with the curve of the nail and you will not have any flat places.

sdanzine said:
:( The second one is that I think my enhancements are too thick. I seem to have more trouble with clients who want shorter nails. How thin can the acrylic safely go? Also I use a Creative Pro Styler brush. I think this is too big for me. Any suggestions?

If you enhancements are too thick, then use smaller beads!! So simple. When you make a smaller nail, your beads have to be smaller or of course you will end up with thick nail enhancements. If you keep the enhancement in balance, you can go very thin in zone one and three and just a tad more in zone two.

Brushes are personal, but in my opinion the Pro Styler is just perfect. Large enough to get the right pressure for pressing, and small enough to do any size of bead.

sdanzine said:
:( The lid on my gel bond is stuck on. I know it's pretty daft but how can I get it off!

Well you can try pliers but if this doesn't work, I would put it down to experience and learn to work cleaner with the adhesive next time. The job of adhesive is to stick things. It will stick your lid on just as well as a tip!! Squeeze the GelBond gently from the middle of the tube .. never the bottom. It is not toothpaste. This will give you control of how much or how little comes out of the tube.

Thank you for your advice.

I'm going home tonight to do more practising! lol

Sometimes I feel I'm going backwards. lol

Thanks again

Sam x

You have to think like a sculptor!

Go with the shape ... move with the shape ... think 3 dimensionally ie how does it look from the side view, the front view, and down the barrel. Be free and fluid like a painter ... relax and don't be all stiff and most important of all, make sure your working hand/wrist is balanced on something. You can't work with your arm off the table. If you don't believe me, try to write a letter with your writing hand off the table ... can't do it .. balance is key!

Now go and make all my time and effort :D writing this worth while and create something beautiful with that brush!! ;)

This is some fantastic advice for all of you who have trouble with flat looking or smartie shaped enhancements. I remember creating these :oops: and wondering why I couldn't do better.... it wasn't until I moved my wrist and went with the flow so-to-speak, that my enhancements looked decent. A long time ago I know but this kind of advice is worth it's weight in gold to ALL teks!! Way-to-go Geeg!!! :goal:

the egg technique is great!
there is another training tool that it can b used for.
at my bootcamp, we were given an uncooked egg, a plastic carrier bag, a wax crayon and told to draw on the shell covering 1/2 of it. we were then told to buff off the wax crayon as fast as we can, using the abrasive of our choice.
this teaches you that if you use a hard grit you will have to b v.careful ie use light pressure. if you use a softer grit you can work faster and use more pressure.
the grit: verses : pressure equation is very quickly understood when your model is a raw egg that can at any time make a BIG mess at any time :shock: :shock:
i chose a koala buffer & buffed for england but with light/medium pressure.
i was chuffed (& v.relieved) to win!!
lol liza xx

I just took a Creative Master's class (& loved it, by the way!) and the instructor told us not to squeeze the tube from the bottom, but from the top instead. And think of that area you squeeze as a rectangular box...squeeze the bigger, flat side when you want the glue to come out. To stop the flow, squeeze the smaller side.

She also told us to wipe any excess glue off of the tip of the Gelbond & then put a drop of SolarOil in the cap. This makes it easy to open next time.

Good luck!

Sawasdee ka

This is the best link i see here a long time geeg you when you have time write a book i will have print in Thailand for you in English and Thai wink

I will write down from this link and keep on my nail table read many time .

Kop khun ka mui ka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back