Thinking of buying a kitten!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830778.381465.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830787.622232.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830809.832129.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830816.346300.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830822.929275.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830850.307111.jpg
I have 5 cats ! Love them all. The black and white one in the bag is rescue type cat, her owners lived a few doors up, she had kittens and one of the owners kicked the kitten over their fence and it died !! :(( she now has a lovely home with us :))

The one on the pink bed is a rescue from a shelter he's a Russian blue, we also have a British blue.

The thin black one isn't technically ours but he once made his way in when it was raining, looked half dead bless him so we fed him and now he won't leave our shoe box, even though he can get in house for some reason he finds that comfier lol

I know I'm a crazy cat lady lol x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830007.264567.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830007.264567.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 54
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830085.416185.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402830085.416185.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 53
Mine comes and goes through the cat flap as he pleases. I too have difficulty with birds in cages or anything locked up. I can't stand it!:sad: Don't like crates either.

The theft of the poor animals is heartbreaking. I believe they should be in at night. I've never let my cat stay outside all night. If you can train them to stay in the back garden that is perfect. When I got moomin from the blue cross she was an indoor only cat. I changed that and allowed her to go outdoors but she will only come out if we are in the garden or she sits on a chair in the garden but if the door shuts leaving her outside she screams the place down.

Yes I have been known to torment her. *evil laugh*

My Guinea pig lives indoors and has the run of the lounge when we are there, he has a cage fit for a king. It's massive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 2 adult cats and just given a home to a kitten from the RSPCA rescue, he's had his injections, chipped, de-flead and de-wormed, plus a voucher to get his bits done when he's old enough, the price was £50 for him, other places do vary no doubt.

Yea he darts about like a tiny bull in.a.China shop, no furniture scratching though, I bought him a scratch post, and toys. He's a funny little chap - so cute

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Reading this thread with interest as I quite fancy getting myself a cat....not a kitten, too much hard work from past experience! 😂 I'd get one from the shelter, the only problem is my mum has a little dog, she's a Patterdale/jack Russell cross and hates cats (think she just likes chasing them)....but she's pretty wimpy really. Wonder if they would get along as I like to dogsit sometimes. Anyone got any experiences in this?

We got our beautiful tortie when she was 18 months old and she was so kitten like still. We rescued her from a shelter, and wanted one a bit older as they are ok on their own- kittens are recommended you get two so they have company. It was good as she was toilet trained - she's never done her business anywhere but the litter tray. She scratches a little but never any good furniture just a little carpet.

She was VERY nervous tho, she had been dumped when she was pregnant. It's took a lot a patience, you have to be very quiet, she can cope around children very well until recently.

We've had her over a year now and she's just started to enjoy going outside and not nearly die at every little noise around her. She's even got a boyfriend next door, and we've taken the litter tray away and got her in a routine as we have no cat flap.

Your best getting one from a rescue centre as they will come vaccinated, neutered, microchipped etc and you will be helping to re home a kitten / cat :)

If you will buy a kitten, make sure that you will nourish and love him for the rest of his life. Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment; you need to bring him to the clinic and had his vaccine. It is very important that you can provide all his needs.

Latest posts

Back