Thinking of opening a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybluemark

Reaction score
Hi - I'm looking for some advice if anyone would be kind enough to help.

I'm looking for business opportunities, as I've decided working for somebody else isnt the way forward. I'm 42 and currently work as a trader for a hedge fund, and have zero hair dressing/beauty experience.

But I'm looking for something that will provide a decent return on an investment and I wanted to gauge people's thoughts on hair/beauty. I've probably turned most people off already as an 'outsider' but if there is a future in this game I'd be up for the challenge.

I'm very interested in design and fashion, and would want to create something different to whats already in the area. I wouldnt say there is anything particularly cutting edge here, so I think potentially there is a niche, although its a relatively small market so would need to be careful not to go all out.

If somebody who has done a similar thing would mind getting in touch and offering some advice would be grateful.
Thanks

the are some other threads with people in a similar situation to yourself.
If i find it i will post it for you.

This is just my personal opinion, i think it is possible if you have a good business mind, getting a good salon manager who is trained and has lots of experience would be a good idea, also i think you should make sure you have product knowledge and know what all your treatments involve so at least you can deal with the everyday queries.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try looking in the Business section of the website- there are tons of threads on there about non-beauty professionals opening businesses!

I don't see why you not being a stylist/therapist yourself should be a problem, as long as you're prepared to get stuck in and learn some stuff along the way! Find some good therapists that you trust and really listen to them would be my advice!

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back