Thinning Bio Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyhands

Reaction score
My pot of white bio gel has gone quite thick, making it harder to work with, does anyone know of any ways to thinning it down?

There is still quite a lot in it. Any advice appreciated, thanks

I am not sure that you can.

I have had bio gel that have started to set in the pot (because of halogen lighting in the salon) and dont think that can be reversed once that has happened.

I dont think the gel will go thick as such like polish does but starts to cure if the pots are left open too long.

if its just thickened as opposed to setting up in the pot, mix some brand new sealer or clear into it....you can't thin it a lot and you shouldn't do it more than once but it does help use up the last gloopier bits.

Add it a bit at a time....never more than about 25% clear to 75% white, and mix mix mix....way more than you would to stir the gel. then let it settle overnight before using it.

I never buy bigger than 4ml pots now for this very reason.....and I often use the last bit for mixing for custom colours.

Theresa is right though....once gel has started to set up in the pot - there is litel that you can do with that.

HTH x

Mix some brand new sealer or clear into it....you can't thin it a lot and you shouldn't do it more than once but it does help use up the last gloopier bits.

Add it a bit at a time....never more than about 25% clear to 75% white, and mix mix mix....way more than you would to stir the gel. then let it settle overnight before using it.

I never buy bigger than 4ml pots now for this very reason.....and I often use the last bit for mixing for custom colours.

HTH x

Well I didnt know you could do that Lyndsay. So is it not the gel curing then?

Thanks Zingara I will try putting some clear in it, its not set its just gone thick and gloopy, i've had the pot about 8 months.

cheers

if its just thickened as opposed to setting up in the pot, mix some brand new sealer or clear into it....you can't thin it a lot and you shouldn't do it more than once but it does help use up the last gloopier bits.

Theresa is right though....once gel has started to set up in the pot - there is litel that you can do with that.

HTH x

If only! I've only ordered a 10ml pot of white today!:eek:
Lyndsay, which custom colours do make with the remainder of your french white?:)

No....not necessarily. The white does go thicker over time, as do some of the other colours. If your pot has formed a skin on top (or more) that is curing if its just one a litel thicker over time then that is basically whe you can add a littel clear to thin it down again.

The white is notorious for going gloopy.

Andrea, I make allsorts of colours....usually pinks as I find the Bio soft pinks range a bit limited and lame, and I take the darker colours and mix a little white in to lighten them up.

Latest posts

Back