This haircut is going to be the death of me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtickledpink

Reaction score
Although I am very good at men's clipper fading, I can't help but get a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach when I client wants to be "faded" starting with a "0" on the back sides. I have NO idea how to blend that at all, what SO ever. To make matters worse, they always want "nothing off the top" so that gives me even less to work and fade with. I have tried looking at several videos on youtube but I am such difficult times following them. I need like an idiots guide to this type of fading.

One of my good male friends :green: is coming in Friday and this is how he wants to haircut. I am very nervous cutting it anyway but this just makes it worse for me.

If anyone knows of any idiot-proof videos that they would like to share with me would be the up-most appreciated. :hug:

PS. I use regular standard clippers with attachments 1-4, 6, & 8. With 0 being no guard.

If you can fade from 1 up then do this and then just adjust the 'bare' clippers to their maximum length using the lever on the side and as you trim from the neck hairs take it up a little in to the number 1 graduation pulling it off the scalp almost as soon as you have cut some?? depends how much they want '0' but I'm guessing if they have it longer on the top and its a smooth blend you can't afford to take too much off at '0'? Can you cut scissor over comb? I find this is much better for getting a smooth graduation. I'm sure none of this makes sense - but I hope it helps.
:)

Im not very fond of the faded away carpet look,:eek: but alot of men love it! I noticed its more in america/canada that this look is very favourable!

Personally i would recommend going on a course for it as it can be quite tricky to master in one go, and at least you'll know where your goin wrong, as i dont think watching it on videos is as easy as ppl think. So on my barberinng course i was taught newer techniques included the "Fade out/ Shape up".
So start from the nape working towards the crown, giving a tapered effect. Usings scissors or clippers. You can have deep point cuts for more texture/blending.
If your using clippers you can adjust the size going downwards, you can also blend it with other clipper sizes rather than going straight to no 1, otherwise it can look bit too extreme. Then using your trimmers-not clippers start fading upwards, you can use a flexable barbering comb to taper it more.
Then Viola your client has carpet head the way i see it :lol: hehe! hths xoxo

hi hun theres a a really good clipper tutorial on

Scissorboy-Speed Cutting Techniques

this guy holds the guiness world records for fastest haircutting ,andalso the most in 24 hrs , lol
theres a few tutorials on different techniques hth xxxx

Two must haves for this cut.....a thin barbers comb (them skinny oddlooking ones that everyone has but noone remembers why)and adjustable head clipper/trimmer.
I use the #1 and take it up to the curve of the head...then your only blending the 'not much off the top part' to a 1/8" setting.....then I start going shorter... and go half inch lower each time......so after your #1 pass, go down to your 0guard, but stop a little below your high-tight line....then take your 0 off and set your clipper blade to its longest setting, stopping a little below your 0...again, drop your blade to its 2nd longest.....until you are straight razoring to nothing.....if you get a faint line inbetween, knock it slightly ( flick your clipper up and out) then use your trimmer and the little thin barber comb to blend.
This cut definately takes some skill, but keep at it, once you perfect it, they wont want anyone else to do it:green:
I remember being terrified of this and the flattop. Good luck.

Thank you everyone SOO much, I appreciate all your help.

hi hun theres a a really good clipper tutorial on

Scissorboy-Speed Cutting Techniques

this guy holds the guiness world records for fastest haircutting ,andalso the most in 24 hrs , lol
theres a few tutorials on different techniques hth xxxx

thatnks for this , it looks really interesting

Just keep practising, get as many guys in who would like this and practice, practice practice. Yes it is more popular in America/ Canada. I worked there a while and had to learn quick... luckily I had done a barbering course and just needed a little push. You will get it just take your time, and did I say practice lol!:)

Latest posts

Back