This is so embarrassing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauragduffy

Reaction score
I know the first number is the lightscale number. But I have a problem with the numbers that follow afterwards.
I know 1 is ash, 3 is gold, 6 is red. But I do not know all the other numbers:-( And this is starting to effect my hairdressing:-(
Can someone please help me with what all the other second numbers mean, I would be so grateful :Love:
All these time and I have been too embarrassed to ask any hairdresser I know in person, and didn't cross my mind until now to ask on Internet!!!

I know the first number is the lightscale number. But I have a problem with the numbers that follow afterwards.
I know 1 is ash, 3 is gold, 6 is red. But I do not know all the other numbers:-( And this is starting to effect my hairdressing:-(
Can someone please help me with what all the other second numbers mean, I would be so grateful :Love:
All these time and I have been too embarrassed to ask any hairdresser I know in person, and didn't cross my mind until now to ask on Internet!!!

Your second numbers are tonal, these vary by brand.
Have you got a shade chart? This should help you.
What brand are you using?

I know how you feel!
All salons I have worked and trained in have always used the letters as apposed to numbers.. im gettin use to them now thanks to my L'oreal shade chart, but its not uncommon I know a few hairdressers who are the same!
xox

the first of the second number is dominant tone and the second less so. . . for examle if say u have 8/73 it wud be depth 8 with dominant ash and a hint o gold? thats tigi colour though where 7 is ash i realise it different with other brands haha x

the first of the second number is dominant tone and the second less so. . . for examle if say u have 8/73 it wud be depth 8 with dominant ash and a hint o gold? thats tigi colour though where 7 is ash i realise it different with other brands haha x
YES!!! That is exactly what I meant. Do you know what a 2, 4, 5, 8, 9 means (not the first depth number (I know those), I mean the number after the . or /) eg. 7.84 what would this mean?'

Thanks for your help!!

Which colour range do you use?

It all depends on which company products you use. Why dont you get hold of the colour chart, this usually has a lot of the information you need. Or you could contact the company direct, im sure they will help you out.

This is what I've got from the Colour Touch chart.

/0 Natural
/01 Natural Ash
/1 Ash
/03 Natural Gold
/3 Gold
/37 Golden Brunette
/35 Golden Mahogany
/4 Red
/43 Red Gold
/47 Red Brunette
/5 Mahogany
/57 Mahogany Brunette
/6 Violet
/7 Brunette
/73 Golden Brown
/75 Purple Brown
/8 Pearl

This is what I've got from the Colour Touch chart.

/0 Natural
/01 Natural Ash
/1 Ash
/03 Natural Gold
/3 Gold
/37 Golden Brunette
/35 Golden Mahogany
/4 Red
/43 Red Gold
/47 Red Brunette
/5 Mahogany
/57 Mahogany Brunette
/6 Violet
/7 Brunette
/73 Golden Brown
/75 Purple Brown
/8 Pearl
Thank you so much!
I remember Clynol's colorchart said 1 is Ash (as usual) and that 2 is Matt Ash? Never seen this before but I did on Clynol's colorchart a few months back and never forgotten as found it different!

Latest posts

Back