This L&P Pro is scared of gel - Brisa Lite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Ok...so I am waiting for dates to come thru for Brisa lite training as i am sure this will answer all my questions...

IN THE MEAN TIME...

I have been "doing"nails since qualifying(nvq 2 and 3)in 2004 followed by many CND courses with Liza Smith and my L&P masters with Ketan patel(My hero ) but have never ventured into gel....mainly because myself and clients weren't keen on the "file-off"technique.... Que BRISA LITE

Basically i have had a little play with gel from other brands in the past and just can not get my head round it...

Anything but a Acrylic application feels really ALIEN to me...i can do acrylic in my sleep and just find the application of gel really awkward.

So my questions WHILE WAITING FOR TRAINING ARE...
How do i "pick"up gel on a brush???
Where do i place my first "bead"???
Is there such thing as a "bead" when it comes to gel???
In the past i have noticed pitting..and dips in the gel surface....why???
Do I just brush on like i would polish???

Perhaps i am better off just holding in there til training...

Hi,

I always youtube procedures

BRISA

x

Ok...so I am waiting for dates to come thru for Brisa lite training as i am sure this will answer all my questions...

IN THE MEAN TIME...

I have been "doing"nails since qualifying(nvq 2 and 3)in 2004 followed by many CND courses with Liza Smith and my L&P masters with Ketan patel(My hero ) but have never ventured into gel....mainly because myself and clients weren't keen on the "file-off"technique.... Que BRISA LITE

Basically i have had a little play with gel from other brands in the past and just can not get my head round it...

Anything but a Acrylic application feels really ALIEN to me...i can do acrylic in my sleep and just find the application of gel really awkward.

So my questions WHILE WAITING FOR TRAINING ARE...
How do i "pick"up gel on a brush???
Where do i place my first "bead"???
Is there such thing as a "bead" when it comes to gel???
In the past i have noticed pitting..and dips in the gel surface....why???
Do I just brush on like i would polish???

Perhaps i am better off just holding in there til training...

How do i "pick"up gel on a brush??? Just like it shows in Roxannes video
Where do i place my first "bead"??? It depends on the technique you are using; 3 zone, reverse etc.
Is there such thing as a "bead" when it comes to gel??? Bead ... blob .. scoop ... whatever!
In the past i have noticed pitting..and dips in the gel surface....why??? Because your brush lost contact with the gel while you were working it.
Do I just brush on like i would polish??? NO you do not. Structure has to be built just as with any other enhancment product.

Ok....going to watch the video...THANK YOU for the link...and sweet squared have now been instructed to call me when they have Kent training dates.

I don't know why...but anything other than a L&P method of application feels really odd to me. I am going to have to really change my mind set when using gel...

I'm so excited about Brisa lite..i want to start using it NOW!!!!

sounds like brisa lite would be perfect you in the sense it can be soaked off. Forget what you know about L+P when you start with gel and think of it somewhere between a polish and L+P in terms of application and consistency.

with gel you kind of float the gel or guide it where you want it to go rather than patting and pushing like you do with L+P. Play with it on tips and keep picking up a blob/bead and float it onto the tip, let the gel do the work for you and just "help" it to where you want it, then cure. if it doesnt look right apply another bead and cure. Brisa AND Brisa lite are so easy to refine....once you have played a few times or so you will start to understand the gel and then the next time you will start getting it right. It really is just practice.... have fun xxx

I think thats the issue..
I have spent so many years just pushing and patting acrylic that my mind is set to working one way only...

Thank you...wonderful tips

I think thats the issue..
I have spent so many years just pushing and patting acrylic that my mind is set to working one way only...

Thank you...wonderful tips

Well you are looking for excuses :hug: ... anyone can learn new techniques and it is fun to master something new .. HOWEVER ... you will be very surprised that you can very often pat and press the BL Sculpting Gel almost in exactly the same manner as L&P as long as you do not loose contact with the gel. It is not my way but many are using that technique very successfully. I think you are going to get a big surprise. x

Latest posts

Back